Epilogue

Sorry to spring it on you guys, but last chapter was the final chapter of  POSSESSIVE ALPHA KADEN. PLEASE don't hate me for how I ended things, but that was always how I felt the final scene would go down. I never wanted to write a stereotypical werewolf story where everyone lives happily ever after, and she gets pregnant, has her kid and lives until the ripe old age of 132 with Kaden by her side.

I was always going to write this epilogue, frankly I had this chapter written and finished a while ago, so here it is, I hope this cheers you up, and I hope that it makes you feel a little bit better about how I left everything.

➖➖➖🐺➖➖➖

Kaden's POV:

"Come on daddy, tell me about mummy one more time."

I smile softly as my daughter, the exact replica of her mother, snuggles deeper into my arms as we sit outside our house on the porch swings and wait for the sunset.

Because Lola wasn't a werewolf when Allivander threw that knife into her chest, she didn't heal. Blood kept pouring out like a crimson waterfall, staining my skin a fresh scarlet. I watched as she grew paler and paler in my arms, until Otis and Viola wrenched her from my grasp and rushed her to the hospital in her old half of our new pack.

I didn't eat, I didn't sleep, I disregarded the pack and everyone in it. I hated the person I became when she didn't heal, when she didn't wake up...

"Well..." I begin, sticking my fingers gently into the gaps between her small ribs and tickle her, my smile growing as she screams and wriggles around in my lap. I push the dark thoughts to the back of my mind, relishing in the fact that there was only one good thing that came from the incident.

My beautiful daughter Koda. She is the replica of her mother, with her dark hair, pale skin and even darker eyes. She has her mother's laugh, her smile, her temperament. She is always wanting to help her dad in any way she can, and to honour Lola's memory, I let her. I tell her that I love her every single minute of every single day. I tell her when I leave to go to pack meetings, I tell her when I tuck her up in her Star Wars covers (her choice) before she goes to bed.

Due to the spell that Viola put on Lola, encasing our child in magic that protected her from the regular eyes of the supernatural, it also protected my Koda from any harm done to her mother. They managed to take her out of Lola's womb before they took her in for surgery, so I had a small joy in the turmoil of raw pain and helplessness I felt when the girl my whole heart belonged to was rushed into surgery and there was nothing I could do about it.

I tell Koda I love her in a hope that Lola hears from wherever she is, and knows that I'm saying it enough times it's from both mummy and daddy even though mummy isn't here, and in a small off chance that she knows that I loved her too, even though I never had the chance to tell her until it was too late.

"Dad, stop!" She squeals as a way of distraction, sliding into a tube like shape in an attempt to wriggle from my grip. "I want to hear about mommy, not get tickled to death."

I didn't give Koda her name until Otis was almost certain that Lola wouldn't wake up. I didn't want to name our baby girl until I knew for a fact her mother wouldn't be able to contribute. I know she'd like this name, a quirky name because she herself was quirky in a rebellious, sarcastic way. It also means "Friend." in native american according to google, and seen as though they believed in shape shifters, I deemed it appropriate. It also means little bear, which is where Koda gets her nickname from.

"Alright little bear." I take my hand away from her stomach and prop her up in my lap, letting her get comfortable befor I begin to tell her the same story I tell her every time she asks.