Chapter 16

Unedited

➖➖➖🐺➖➖➖

I invited Jasper to come for coffee with us.

I figured that Kaden and Jasper still need to talk some things out because their conversation earlier today lasted around 45 seconds give or take.

That and I still don't have any friends at DawnStar so he's a welcome sight for me especially.

I haven't really been out to explore the pack grounds yet, and I live here now. I've only ever walked from the pack house to the log cabin, which is an isolated road leading straight through the woods. There are no shops, no houses, no people on that road so I haven't even met anyone that wasn't in the pack meeting, but still I didn't speak to anyone in there either.

The second Kaden descends the stairs I feel vastly underdressed. He's standing there, pulling at the cuff links on his suit, before flattening out the nonexistent creases in his suit jacket. He's gelled his hair so that it sits nearly atop his head, and he's even shaved his five o'clock shadow.

He's gone very all out for this trip to the coffee shop. I saw it when Jasper drove me here earlier today and it's definitely not a suit and tie kind of place.

"What are you wearing?" I gape at him, looking down at my jeans and his hoodie that's three sizes too big. "We're going to get coffee not heading to an important pack meeting!"

Kaden eyes what I'm wearing, then back at himself, before running his hand through his hair and mussing it up and grinning at me sheepishly. "I need to show everyone that I'm back on track, but maybe I should've dressed down a little bit more."

I turn and head towards the door, but the teasing sound in his voice when he mutters, "don't tell me you're not enjoying looking at me wearing this." has me spinning on my heels and raising an eyebrow his way.

I laugh at the look on his face. He looks really really proud of himself, his eyes glinting with humour, and he slings his arm over my shoulder as we walk towards the car, pulling me so close that my hip is basically attached to his.

He's holding me so close that my arm is squashed painfully against his side, so I slide it under his blazer and around the back of his waist. He gives me a slight raise of his eyebrow and I just roll my eyes before sliding into the passenger side of his car.

I fiddle with the radio whilst I wait for him to get into the car, trying to ignore that fact that his car smells just like him. I know that one inhalation will have me craving his scent, and for some reason I feel the need to bury my nose into the crook of his neck whenever I smell him.

He's intoxicating, and he very much knows it by the small smirks he sends my way when he doesn't think I'm looking.

Which I am, because I usually find myself unable to tear my eyes away.

I feel him place his hand on my knee, heat radiating from his fingertips that are splayed messily across my jean clad skin. It's all I can concentrate on, electricity flowing straight from the pads of his fingers sending shockwaves towards my stomach, a knot of desire forming deep within.

All from his damn touch.

"Stop thinking like that." He strains against his teeth as he tries to concentrate on driving, his knuckle white grip around the steering wheel.

"Well if your hand wasn't on my thigh then I wouldn't be having this problem." I mutter sulkily under my breath, scolding myself for forgetting he can smell how I'm feeling.