Chapter Six

Finally, it was Friday. The day of Cameron's big party. Everyone was talking about it from the freshman to local college students. Cameron and her friends didn't even bother to show up at school. The only one present was Cortez, who with his friends or not, never missed school.

The past few days Cameron and I had been speaking on a daily. Friday was the first day that I went without actually talking to her, and that was because she didn't show up. After school, I've been doing soccer practice which sucked. Coach Sanchez had been working our asses off. She really wanted us to win the championship this year so she had scheduled scrimmages, and practices even though soccer season was months away. Thankfully, she was kind enough to relieve us from practice on Fridays.

"What are you wearing," Gaia asked me for the millionth time. Ivy, Gaia, and I were all in my bedroom having a little pre-party chat. We were going to step into Cameron's party around ten. It was currently six o' clock. The girls had their outfits already planned, and laid out upon my bed.

"I told you I don't know! I'll just wear something really simple, and comfortable. I feel like dancing tonight, so I'm sure as hell not wearing heels," I responded to Gaia. She rolled her eyes at me. I rolled mine right back at her. A small smile spread on her lips.

"Look, I'm just trying to make sure you look good for Cameron," Gaia said in her own defense. Ivy giggled like a little kid. "You need to wear a nice, revealing dress, and a nice pair of heels. For Godsakes, stop being such a tomboy all the time!"

"I only own one pair of heels, and you know I don't wear dresses nor skirts. So, fuck all of that. I'm just going to wear a sweatshirt, and some jeans," I answered back.

"That's what you always wear! You're like a cartoon character," it was now Ivy's turn to join in. "Why don't you go out on a limb, and wear something...pretty." I rolled my eyes at the high pitched girl.

"Well, you sound like a cartoon character," I shot back. It was true. She sounded just like a character from a Disney movie. Ivy pouted at me as Gaia laughed with agreement. "Seriously, guys, just let me wear what I want to wear. I'm not even trying to impress Cameron."

Gaia put both of her hands up at me as if I was pointing a gun at her. "Whatever you say, Journ." The girl pulled out her cell phone to look at herself in the front camera. I watched as she primped herself. She was a beauty, an Instagram queen if you will. I watched as my best friend snapped selfies which were sure to get at least a hundred likes on Instagram.

"So, you said you're thinking about dancing tonight," Ivy asked as she did a little jig of her own. She moved her arms around like a struggling newborn. I laughed at the silly girl.

"I might be. Why? You want to dance with me," I asked as I arched up one of my brows. Gaia, Ivy, and I were never afraid to dance our asses off. In all modesty, we were very good at it, too. Gaia had a way of learning the latest dance moves. I danced more basically. I didn't really dance off of moves learned. I just enjoyed myself as did Ivy. She sucked at dancing, which made her good. Everyone had a kick of laughing at her as she danced, and she enjoyed this.

"You know I'm always down for a nice dance. I just hope that the party isn't lame, and everyone else is dancing," Ivy admitted.

"When have you ever known for a Cameron Ramsey party to be lame!? Everyone and their momma is going to be there," Gaia said, finally putting down her phone. "Speaking of Cameron Ramsey, did you see Cortez looking all lonley in second period without all of his friends around. He's so cute!"

"Bash is cuter," Ivy disagreed. "He has the best eyebrows on a man that I've ever seen, and those lips."

"Bitch, bye. Bash may be cute but he's an absolute ass, just like Gunner and Wolf! Cortez is the nicest one of that group. He doesn't put up with their bullshit," Gaia spoke passionately. It wasn't a secret between us three that she had the biggest crush on Cortez since sophmore year. Gaia turned to me, "And Cameron, she's not a complete asshole; but she basically influences Gunner, Bash, and Wolf to do the shit they do."