Chapter Ten

It was Monday. The only thing that got me out of bed was that Cameron texted me Sunday, asking me to skip lunch period with her. Since the date, Saturday. We've been talking through text messages. It wasn't anything serious. Just silly, stupid conversations and debates.

"We have like five minutes until the bell. Why are you rushing to your first period," Ivy asked as her and Gaia followed down behind me.

"She's ready to see Cam Cam," Gaia teased. I wanted to slap the shit out of Gaia not only for addressing Cameron as Cam Cam, but for also just assuming I was going to first period early because of Cameron.

I mean, I kind of was. I just really wanted to see her face. Damn, I'm really falling over her. I always fell fast and hard, but this was just crazy. "Shut up, Gaia," I yelled just before I heard someone call out my jersey number.

"Hey, 14," the voice screamed through the crowded hallways. I turned around, to see my teammate running up to me. She stopped running once she approached my friends and I.

"What's up, Jordan?" I was the best player on the team, but Jordan was a close second. She was an all around player too, never ballhogged, always had great sportsmanship. She was probably one of my favorite members off the team.

The team was like family, but even in your family you have your favorites. Jordan greeted Gaia, and Ivy; which led Gaia into giving Jordan hair advice. "When are you going to let your hair down," she complained. "Your hair is so fucking long, and you always wear it up in a ponytail. I mean, I get you're a little tomboy, but still, let it breathe."

"Yeah, is everyone on you guys team, lesbian or bisexual? It sure seems like it," Ivy asked curiously. The girl had her head tilted, looking absolutely puzzled. I admit, my best friend had her slow moments.

"Even the coach is a lesbian," Gaia commented going off subject from her hair advice. "Oh, and back to your hair, Jordan. You should-"

"Gaia, I think my hair looks perfectly fine. Don't you think so, too, 14," Jordan turned back to me, her ocean blue eyes sparkling.

"I mean, your legendary ponytail has been here since fourth grade. Of course, it's perfectly fine," I commented. Jordan gave Gaia a I-told-you-so look.

"You guys never answered my question about the gay thing," Ivy pointed out. Both Jordan and I both shrugged simultaneously.

"I don't know, man. Ask everyone on the girl's soccer team, and find out," I suggested, though I know Ivy was far too lazy to do that. That'd just have to be one of the things she'd never ever know.

"I bet they have sex in the locker rooms," I heard Gaia whisper to Ivy. Ivy giggled quietly. "Hey, Journey," Gaia said aloud this time. "Ivy and I are going to walk around before the bell. We'll see you later." Gaia and Ivy walked off in the distance, laughing their asses off.

"Okay, why did I come up to you," Jordan asked after my friends walked away. She rubbed her temples with her fingertips, and closed her eyes. "Got it," her eyes shot open, and I laughed at the weird girl.

"Well, what is it?!"

"I just wanted to tell you that Coach is going to make us run a mile at practice today," Jordan announced the bad news.

"What the fuck?! We're not cross country! We're soccer! Why do we have to run a mile," I screamed just over the bell. Jordan and I had to make this conversation quick, because we only had about five minutes to get to our classes.

"That's not all! We have to do 3 sets of stadiums, AND, we're doing an extra set of burpies and push-ups, all because Erin ran her big fucking mouth." I rolled my eyes. If the varsity girls soccer team was a family, Erin was the little sister with the big ass mouth.