Copyright Message and Introduction

© 2014, Naomi N.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author.

Introduction

I am going to give you a brief explanation on some things to save you some time from googling it. If you don't really know the difference between mafias and gangsters, then I recommend that you read this part instead of skipping it to read the first chapter.

Here it goes.

Mafia is a type of organized crime syndicate that primarily practices protection racketeering - the use of violent intimidation to manipulate local economic activity, especially illicit trade; secondary activities may be practiced such as drug-trafficking, Loan sharking and fraud. Being bonded together by a code of honour, in particular the code of silence (or omertà in southern Italy), safeguards the Mafia from outside intrusion and law enforcement action (Wikepedia).

Gangster is a wannabe thug, often illiterate and an inhabitant of a downtrodden ghetto that hangs around in "gangs"; largely associated with the African-American subculture. These try-hard wanna be "gangstas" attempt to make themselves appear like real criminals by graffiting buildings, smoking/selling drugs and trying to looking all "bad-ass and macho an'-shit, yo". An utter degradation of what true gangsters represent, and street wannabe "gangsta"-types don't hold a candle to what real gangsters are (Urban Dictionary).

Yes, my friend. There is a difference between the two. Basically, the real 'gangsters' are those behind organised crime; most notably the Mafia. Responsible for blackmarket trade, epsionage, organised beatings/assassinations, etc. "The Godfather" portrays the archtype of true gangsters, showing the brutality of mob beatings, shootings, running rackets and abusing woman, alcohol and everything in between. The mafia are not to be confused with the aforementioned definition, 'gangsters', commonly used as it might be (Urban Dictionary).

Godfather - Usually used to refer to the head of a Mafia. The head of a criminal organization would look over all it's members in the same way, while he might not be related to any of them.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・° Okay, so that's about it. Enjoy reading! °・*:. 。.☆°・*:.。.☆