6

WARNING THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES SELF HARM, YOU MAY SKIP THIS CHAPTER IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE.

FLASHBACK
4 months ago.

I shut the door behind me and turned around and looked at the mirror standing before me. I felt so ashamed, horrified after the events of today.

I had been beaten up by Beau, I had bruises all over me and my eye was swollen. I ran out of school and ran straight home, crying my eyes out.

Finn wasn't in today because he's had a sickness bug for the last couple days... I needed him. More than anything. But I can't let him see me like this. This horrible side of me...

I looked at my sink and noticed a razor blade laying on the side.

Go on Millie. No one will know. You can do this. You can either be strong or be hurtful.

I took the razor blade and did what I had to do. Slash after slash after slash. I took the razor and flushed it down the toilet, realising I shouldn't have done what I just did.

I examined the five cuts visible on my wrist, and I burst into more tears. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and rang the first person I thought of.

"Finn? I know you're-"

"Sadie just rang and told me everything, I'm walking into your house now." Finn said as I was shocked, he's already here. "Where are you?" I heard the door open and shut.

"I-I'm in the bathroom." I said as I opened the door and there I was face to face with Finn. He saw my face and then examined me, he saw my wrists and his eyes widened.

"W-What were those?" He said as I put my arm behind my back.

"What are you-"

"Millie." He said, taking a step closer and I took a massive step back, and now leaning against the bathroom door. "Hey, it's okay."

He slowly walked towards me, I saw tears forming in his eyes, I hated seeing him cry. He held my hand and took it out from behind my back, he looked at my wrist and I felt a tear fall on them, it stung a little but I didn't want him to know that.

"Did you do this... Because of... Beau?" He said between sobs.

"I'm so sorry..." I said, sobbing. Finn wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tighter than anything.

And in that moment, I knew that Finn would always and forever be there for me, even if we weren't friends, he'd always be there.