EIM PART 1- Chapter 2: It wasn't a dream

As I wake up I get up quickly and realize I am still in the cave, so mommy and daddy really left me. What am I going to do, all I feel is a hole where my heart is. There's a sinking feeling that keeps getting worse. Why does it hurt so bad I can't stop crying, only it comes out sounding like howling? The two pups hear my sorrow and howl too. We gather closely together and whimper together.

I finally get the strength to get up and walk to my new alpha I stand at his front paws only to be pushed behind him. I want him to know I'm hungry, so I try again. He pushes me aside again and the mommy gets up and guides me to the other pups.

Right away the alpha leaves only to return hours later with the largest deer I have ever seen. I was going to approach the meal my wolf was craving meat she is just as hungry as I am, but she hesitates, as I look around I notice they didn't want me near their food. I watched as the alpha ate first then the pups then the Luna.

When Luna was done eating, she and the pups went outside. The alpha then showed I was allowed to eat. There was nothing but some fat and bones left but I ate it like it was my grandmas' famous spaghetti, but it did not taste anywhere near as good. I finished in no time because there was little there and headed out of the cave to join the pack.

The two pups were playing with their mommy and their daddy. The alpha was getting them ready to teach them their first hunting lesson. This made me sad because my daddy was supposed to show me how to hunt. This was the year he said I would get my first walkabout. He would have shown me what was safe or not as human then later on in my wolf form. I wasn't supposed to turn till I was sixteen and have a huge party. Almost every werewolf has a huge party to find their soulmate on their first turn.

I tried my best to take in what the alpha was showing the pups, but I felt like I was missing something. I went back to the Luna and rested for a while, still hungry and tired from all the play and practice hunting. I didn't even notice I had fallen asleep until the Luna woke me up to join them for a walk. I follow them all the way to a beautiful stream. The pups and I all play in the mud and grass just pawing and nipping at each other.
On our way back I get this weird deep bubbly feeling in my tummy like something bad is going to happen. The others notice to because the alpha signal's us to run back. As we all get closer to the cave the alpha starts to act weird, he keeps sniffing the air and looking back and forth. When we get to the cave, he gives a weird signal to Luna, she has a stance like she feels something close.

All of a sudden the alpha starts running in a direction that is not the cave. The pups and I follow behind the alpha, and the Luna sticks behind us making sure we were going as fast as we can. Suddenly I felt it. The ground starts shaking and I kept hearing loud popping and cracking noises. It is so loud all I can hear is the sounds of loud rocks crashing together or cracking apart. My Body kept swaying and shaking it was so hard to tell where we were going. After what felt like hours the ground stopped making that loud popping noises that reminded me of a gunshot. We finally took a break at a lake and had a drink. After resting there for a while the alpha offered

Trailing behind the alpha he was showing us how to catch mice to eat. I had such a blast and caught two mice while I was eating one of the mice, I saw a very big rabbit but so did my wolf. I couldn't eat a rabbit they are too cute, and fluffy. But my wolf was starving so she took over and shoved me to the back of my mind and proceed to stalk her prey. She's starting to grow on me already. Like a true friend that won't leave me.

I decided to name my wolf Xena like the warrior princess one of my favorite shows. She crouched down, then she is shifting her paws in the dirt below. She takes her time, it's like I can feel the thrill of her hunt. She is waiting for the right moment to pounce and take her to self to her kill. Making her way to a little bush with more twigs than leaves that separate her from the rabbit she gets ready for her kill.

When the rabbit is busy eating from a little blackberry bush Xena jump right on top of her prey and bites it around its neck and snaps it. I was about to close my link off from her to let her eat her enjoy her little victory but she just picked it up and brought it to the other pups. The alpha and the Luna watch as she placed it beside the other pups, and they all walked to it and started to sniff and nibble at it. Once done eating we all went to look for I'm guessing a place to sleep.

We finally found a nice setup with a small cave surrounded by trees and flowers. The river wasn't too far from the cave; which was great. I really can't believe that this is my life now. When we get back after a trot around the alpha leaves he doesn't come back till it's dark out. The Luna guides us outside, and he has a dead beaver and three rabbits outside the cave. He eats the beaver and gives his mate the rabbits. She eats one and gives the rest to her pups while they eat Xena heads to her sleeping corner and prepares to lay down. Before she gets settled the alpha guides her to the rabbits where the pups are eating and lets her join. He made Xena very excited she felt like we belong now. It's odd but I feel joy for the first time in the last few days.

After a few days the alpha takes me for a walk I thought it was for a hunt but were heading back to our old territory. I was so happy I thought he was going to take me back to my mommy and daddy. Wow, it sounds so weird saying that after not seeing them for so long.

When we get close, I notice huge rocks and caved-in trails that led to a river. One that was too deep to pass with no other way of crossing we head back to the new cave. When we arrived, the Luna gets up and brushes up on the alpha and then rubs her snout on me while cleaning my fur. I went to cuddle the pups that were already sleeping and slowly let myself sleep.