X

"Look, I solved a problem

"Look, I solved a problem. You were leaving. What did you expect me to do?"

"You don't realize the danger you put him in. The Volturi will kill anyone who knows about us."

"No, I didn't tell him about you. Just me. I only said you were different." We all silently watched the three from inside.

"If the thought of food alone didn't repulse me I'd so be getting some popcorn right now. This is great." No one paid Emmett's side comment any attention, still focused on the tense conversation on the porch.

"And that we have a niece who we adopted."

"I mean seriously, Jake, he's not gonna let that go."

"Did you consider the physical pain he'll put Bella through?" Edward didn't wait for an answer before he continued. "It'll be like sticking a white hot branding iron down her throat. And that's assuming she can control her thirst."

"Look, Charlie's been in hell. And I know you'll be much happier having him in your life."

"Jacob, don't act like you're doing this for anyone but yourself."

"Sorry you feel that way," There was a slight pause "cause he'll be here in 10 minutes."

"Shittt."

**************

"These will irritate your eyes at first." Alice put the colored contacts in and leaned back to allow Bella to look around.

"The main thing is not to move too fast."

"Try taking a seat, crossing your legs." She slowly got up and then ran at the chair across the room, knocking the back into the wall, then crossing her legs. "Maybe a tad slower."

"And blink at least three times a minute." She rapidly opened and closed her eyes. "Good."

"For a cartoon character." Jacob voiced what all of us were thinking.

"Hold your breath. It'll help with the thirst."

"Just don't forget to move your shoulders so it looks like you're breathing."

"And don't sit so straight. Humans don't do that." Everyone could see she felt uncomfortable with all the new unnatural actions being thrown at her.

"Okay, I got it. Move around, blink, slouch."

"Easy enough."