chapter 21

It was the weekend of the trip and seokjin was stressed. He had spent the whole week gathering things, packing, just doing everything to make sure he didn't forget something. Namjoon had brought up the idea of camping in the field, which was fine if it wasn't about 100 degrees outside. It was too hot for hoseok and yoongi to be sleeping in a tent with no air conditioner. Namjoon had pouted but seokjin promised that if it wasn't too hot they'd try it, if it was too hot they'd go to a motel near the field. It was going to be a long trip, the field was where they used to live when they were in high school. They had moved quite far since then, a few hours by car which seokjin didn't mind. He was more worried about hoseok. Even though seokjin was stressed he still got everything done. He had 3 separate lists of things they'd need, he was confident they had everything they'd need.

"Oh god, i'm over here packing all this junk and we don't even know if the field is still there," seokjin groaned. Namjoon shrugged his shoulders.

"True... but we can still make it fun. Dont worry honey, you always stress yourself out," namjoon pulled him into bed. Seokjin relaxed when he felt his strong arms around his slim waist.

"Your right, lets have fun," seokjin pecked namjoons dimples and then got comfortable in bed.

The morning was a little chaotic, hoseok of course woke up screaming. He was giggling loudly when seokjin walked into his room. Seokjin stood by his crib with his arms crossed, he scowled playfully at the baby. Hoseok slowly started pouting, little lip wobbling until seokjin picked him up.

"Oh my poor baby i was only kidding," he was right back to smiling.

Yoongi woke up excited, he even dressed himself. Even though his little shorts were on backwards and his shirt was inside out the parents praised him for trying his best. He was bouncing around asking when they were leaving every few minutes. It was around 8 so they were hoping to get to the field by early afternoon.

Hoseok was dressed in little yellow shorts and a white onesie. He looked so cute seokjin couldn't help but shower him in kissed, he of course giggled. Namjoon got ready while seokjin packed some snacks for the ride. Yoongi was talking to hoseok about how much fun they were going to have.

"I got them, you change and i'll start putting them in the truck," namjoon kissed seokjin as he went by. He was excited about the trip. Namjoon started carrying the things into the truck, he put the cooler in and then the other bags. He got the car seat from the front and then went back inside the house.

"Alright let's go!" yoongi jumped excitedly. Namjoon got hoseok in the car while seokjin got yoongi. It wasn't that hot now and seokjin had checked the weather earlier, hopefully it wasn't too hot so they could camp in the field.

Once they were all ready they set off. It was nice, just riding with the family. Seokjin always loved road trips but taking one with the family? Ten times better. They sang along to the radio, joked around, and snacked on the way there. Hoseok had fallen asleep quickly, yoongi followed soon after leaving only the parents awake.

"When should we celebrate yoongi's birthday?" it hadn't exactly slipped his mind. He thought about it often. Since yoongi had no records they had to just start from the day seokjin found him. He wasn't technically born in june, probably not anyways.