Chapter Ten - Temptations

Author's note:

Thanks for reading and voting! 

I hope no one hates me for the whole kiss scene between Jack and Sam.  

Make sure to vote. comment! :)

........................................................................................................................................................... 

Chapter Ten – Temptations

It seemed to be getting a bit warmer out. But maybe that was sadly because of the fact that Jack didn’t stop harassing me. He chuckled against my skin. I pulled away slightly and he wrapped his other arm around me; facing me. 

It tingled when he kissed my neck, and it was such a new experience to me in many ways. Was it because Zack had never dared to kiss me like this? Or was it the fact that it was so cold and he was so warm? He leaned over and we both fell to the ground. He was on top of me. Everywhere he kissed was then warm. And warm was all I wanted.  My throat was warm; neck, jaw, cheek. I wished he would stop though. I just stared at the sky in both frustration and confusion.

"Please stop now," I demanded. I was warm enough not to stutter, but still too cold to feel my toes.

"No," he murmured against my throat.

I clenched my teeth together in anger. "I'll make you," I threatened as strongly as I could.

"Try," he challenged.

I rolled so I was on top and stood up. That was easy. I thought smugly. Then he grabbed my legs and I fell to the ground with a gasp.

I was dragged to where I was lying beside him. He had an arm wrapped firmly around my waist so I couldn’t pull away. Anger boiled inside of me.

 "Why are you acting this way?" I demanded through clenched teeth.

"Just curious."

"Curious about what?"

"How it would feel."

I paused for a moment. "And?"

"Better than I thought." He grinned at me. "What did you think?"

"Well. I did say Trevor was a nice kisser…" I used my poker face.

He frowned. I laughed then stood up; giving him a warning glance if he tried to grab me again. I sat by the fire and enjoyed the warmth on my face. Another gust of ice cold wind blew right through me and I shivered. He sat next to me again.

"Try anything and I-I'll bite your finger off," I warned.

"I'll keep my fingers in my pockets." He flashed a smiled. "So where's Zack at?"

"We saved this girl named Holly and her baby boy. And there were guys coming, so I ran to distract them, while Zack reluctantly ran with the woman to Henry's ship."

"Which direction did you come from?"

"I have no idea. I ran like a wild person after that guy had dragged and kicked me. It still hurts," I whimpered, rubbing my side.

"Let me see." He extended his hand.

When his hand reached out and touched the bottom of my shirt, I flinched. There was no way I’d let tonight go any farther than it has. I’d rather suffer from the cold than hurt Zack anymore that I shamefully have.

"No." I turned to look back at the fire.

"I've delivered your child. I think I am able to see a bruise on your side," He gave me a look. “Please, I just want to see how bad it is.”