Chapter 11: Monsters And Heros?

Dylan was the only one who still hadn't drank anything yet. Carlos downed his entire wineglass in an instant, his jaw unhinging like a snake to fit his whole mouth over the rim.

Axel hadn't looked too sure, but ended up drinking some anyway. Dylan's Barbie cup was still full to the top. The ink was swirling around, practically begging for him to have a sip and risk death or whatever else it could do to you, but Dylan restrained himself.

The white in Carlos's eyes began to turn black as the ink began coursing through his body. The veins in his wrist stopped flowing purple and blue, and instead flowed black. His skin was becoming an unnatural inky colour as well.

The same happened for Axel, but it looked like he was regretting everything he said to make this seem like a better idea. Axel ended up puking and whispering to himself as he transformed into something that could only be described as a monster.

The same was happening with Carlos, but he was more confident about it even with the puke dripping from his still-unhinged mouth. It was a disturbing sight, to say the least.

When the transformation was over, they were unrecognizable. What had once been regular human skin had turned into a shiny, sticky black substance. They had also grown a few feet, and their heads were nearly touching the roof. "Oof!" The Axel-monster bumped his head and fell over, perfectly impersonating the Roblox death noise in the process. "Be more careful." Carlos growled.

A sudden shiver was sent down Dylan's spine, and his body seemed to be telling him to run as far away as fast as possible. But something also told him he probably wouldn't get too far before they catch him.

~

Carlos knew something was up. The sky, duh. But he knew that there must've been a reason Dylan didn't drink from his mug. In fact, he looked like he was paralyzed with fear. They must look pretty freaky. Suddenly, there was a crash. Carlos burst out of his thought cloud to see the somehow-broken plastic Barbie cup all over the floor, ink everywhere. But no sign of Dylan.

~

Dylan ran and ran as fast as his short legs could carry him. He didn't keep track of how far he had already gone, and he didn't want to risk looking behind him. 1 block, 2 blocks, 3 blocks . . . He had never ran this much at a time before. The only thing that motivated him to run was the fact that he felt like he was being chased.

His breathing became a struggle, and his breaths were short and ragged. But he couldn't stop until he was sure he was safe. Which probably wouldn't happen any time soon, considering he never had good luck. Finally, he entered a peaceful neighbourhood. His neighbourhood, he realized.

He started walking to his house, still anxious but feeling relatively better as well as extremely out of breath.

He had nearly reached the driveway before something reached out with a surprisingly long arm and dragged him into the bushes.

He tried to scream, but he could barely breathe already. The thing dragging him had a very slimy hand—either it was wet from some sort of liquid, it was made of ink, or something else. Ew, Dylan thought.

Suddenly, the dragging stopped. The thing that dragged him was walking over to another unclear figure. Dylan tried standing up, and then realization hit him like a rock to the head. He couldn't move.

Well, he could, but his arms and legs were tied together by some sort of force. He was able to sit up and examine the bonds, which glinted in the golden light. The sun was beginning to set, so all the colours around him were enhanced beautifully. But it was clear enough that the bonds were made of ink a few moments later when he stopped revelling in the beauty of his surroundings. "Oh god, oh god, oh god . . ." He whispered to himself as he closed his eyes. he felt like he was being scooped up and carried. Dylan didn't chance opening his eyes. "Is he sleeping?" Dylan heard a voice call from nearby. He didn't know whether to be disturbed or relieved that he didn't recognize any of the voices. "Can't be. I'd be wide awake too if i was dragged through a bush." He was literally dragged through a bush? No wonder his legs were all cut up.

Dylan heard footsteps coming closer to where he was being carried. "Sorry," the person whispered as he swung a baseball bat onto his head.

~

Dylan didn't know how long he was out for. There were no windows in the hot pink room he was in, so he couldn't tell. He was tied up by those inky bonds still, except now there was one strapping his chest to the wooden rocking chair he was sitting in. But at least it was a comfy rocking chair. Now to finding out where he was, and what happened. He rocked back and forth as he remembered running away—running away from Axel and Carlos. Axel. His friend.

He focused on his surroundings. He faintly heard voices outside the room. "Why did you hit him so hard!? You could've damaged something in his head!" So he was knocked out on purpose. "I said sorry." Said another voice. "Yeah, sarcastically," the other person said. "Shhh!" Another new voice joined the conversation. "If he's still sleeping, you could wake him up!" He hissed. "Unconscious, not sleeping." The other person corrected. "Whatever. let's go check on him. Dylan quickly closed his eyes as the door creaked open.

"WAKE UP!" Someone screamed at him, slapping his face aggressively. "Be gentle!" A soft female voice said. Dylan slowly opened his eyes, and was shocked to see something. "Well, well well. If it isn't one of the dudes I saw taking the ink machine last night." Dylan began to sweat. Standing in front of him were the cartoons from Sillyvision/Joey Drew Studios/whatever funky new name they called it these days.

"W-what do you want from me?" Dylan shook. "What do we want from you? What do we want from you? We want our ink back!" Yelled Bendy.

Dylan felt a tear slip down his face. "Oh, real smooth. Trying to act innocent so we forgive you? Nice try." Bendy grinned. "I-I'm re-reallly sorry," Dylan's voice sounded shaky. "He's scared. Stop terrorizing him." The female said from the back. "Shut up, Alice. I need my daily fun intake. Yesterday i poisoned Sammy, today I'll taunt this kid." Alice stomped her foot and sighed.

So it was either still night or it was a new day. "Uhm, what time is it?" Dylan asked quietly. "Why do you care? Need to go potty?" Bendy said in a baby voice. "Uh, not really—" Dylan said, then was cut off by Bendy laughing wickedly. "Good. I don't want Alice to release you from those bonds." He grinned.