Chapter 5: Changes

Bendy, Alice and Boris still sat in a circle on the forest ground in a cult-ish formation. A pentagram has appeared beneath them not too long ago, although none of them were too sure how it got there considering none of them drew it. They also noticed that several candles and mushrooms started appearing around them gradually as the time passed, but they had bigger things to worry about. Things as big as the workshop.

Bendy stared at Alice. "I barely even remember you. You were such an unimportant part of my show, in fact, I don't even think you were ever in an episode at all!—"

"Bendy, shut up!" Boris hissed, then smiled at Alice apologetically. Alice merely stared at them, her face emotionless. She seemed to be spacing out.

"Uh, Alice? You . . . you okay?" Boris asked awkwardly, his hand grabbing the remaining bits of apple on the ground and shoving them towards her. "You look like you could use a meal," he said.

Alice stood abruptly, sending dirt flying. The pentagram disappeared, as well as the candles.

"No need, boys," she said as she took off running into the trees. She disappeared after a few seconds.

Bendy and Boris stared at the tree she disappeared behind. "Okay. She's gone." Boris said.

"Do you remember her?" Bendy asked, tearing fistfuls of grass out of the ground as he turned to look at Boris.

- An Hour Later -

The sun was beginning to set as Bendy and Boris climbed into a tree to get a better view of the area. Realistically it was probably just the smoke tinting the sky orange, but Bendy still thought it was a sunset even though it was hardly past noon.

Boris was fast asleep at the top of the tree, snoring and shaking the whole thing. Bendy struggled to hold onto the shaking branches while he searched for Alice. He wasn't sure where she'd ran off to, but part of him hoped she was finding help to deal with the fire. But he knew it was far past saving at this point, considering the whole thing was basically just a pile of ashes now.

What were they even supposed to do now? They pretty much had nowhere to go, other than Joey Drew's place, but he had absolutely no interest in seeing the dumpster he probably lived in.

But all things considered, Joey's place was likely the safest location for them to go to. It would have helped if they at least knew where he lived, though.

His attention slid towards a figure dashing through the trees. Alice, from the looks of it. She had a confused expression on her face as she took in her surroundings, clearly trying to locate Boris and him. Eventually she looked upwards, and saw them sitting a large tree. She climbed up and joined them without hesitation, adjusting herself into as comfortable of a position as she could manage on the rough bark.

"Why did you leave?" Bendy asked, staring at her. In response, Alice pulled out a massive platter which held a beautifully-cooked turkey adorned with sprigs of rosemary and other herbs. A buttery glaze covered the majority of the turkey, glistening in the dull light that was mostly blocked from the smoke. All around the turkey were other spices and vegetables, giving the appearance of a nest for the turkey to rest in. The whole platter gave off a thanksgiving vibe.

"How the hell did you find a full-on turkey platter in the middle of the woods?" Bendy exclaimed. Alice merely shrugged, trying to stare into the distance but failing because of the thick smoke. "I saw it, I liked it, I wanted it, I got it." She said.

Bendy tried to ignore the 7 Rings reference as he glanced up at Boris, who was still dead asleep. Birds were starting to make a nest out of him, burrowing into his inky fur and bringing sticks and moss over to him.

Raising a nonexistent brow, Bendy turned back to the turkey in front of Alice and then focused on the fire behind her. He sighed, putting his abnormally round head into his gloved hands as he watched the flames lick the sky like an ice cream cone.

He didn't really know what they were going to do, but he assumed that their best option was to get a house or something.

Eventually, he dozed off as the scent of the freshly-cooked turkey lulled him to sleep.

When they all eventually woke up, they went back to the clearing and sat down in a circle. They put the turkey platter in the center, and occasionally took pieces off to eat. They then realized they didn't need to eat, and instantly regretted consuming any.

"What do we do now?" Boris asked, glancing between Alice and Bendy. Alice raised her hand as if she were in a school silently. "Uh, yes Alice?"

Alice lowered her hand, letting it fall into her lap. "I have an idea."

Hey! Hope y'all are enjoying the story so far! I feel like redoing the first few chapters was a lot to attempt, and the process has been really slow. But I'm still trying! :)