ch. 2

well here I am. 1 week later standing in front of Big Machine Records. I cant help but think of all the people who said I would never make it as a musician. from my old music teacher who said im not good enough and dont have what it takes to be a musician, to the kids at school who thought my dream was stupid. But I was also thinking of all the people who said I have a beautiful voice, who said I am talented, and Taylor swift, the reason why I discovered my talent.

I look at my watch. I must've been standing out here a while because im almost late for the meeting. I walk in nervously to the receptionist desk and ask where to go. she greets me and gets someone to escort me to the room. I walk in and see Scott.

"Good morning. sit down and lets discuss your contract." I do as he says. "i think you have a lot of talent. I want you to make an album so I can see what you can do. Im taking a big risk and signing you to be a permanent singer here."

Im just mesmerized. I cant believe whats happening. "Thank you so much Scott." I manage to choke out. "I need to ask you some questions." he says. I nod in approvable.

"do you write your own songs?" he asks. "yes" I answer. he smiles."I love young song writers. "

"what is your stye of music?" "im a country artist, but every once in a while ill write a pop-country song." I can tell he likes me.

"alright Melissa. come back tomorrow with your guitar, and we'll record some songs for your debut album at 4. I cant wait to hear what your songs."

Thank you seems to be all I can say to Scott. when I leave, I grab my skateboard from the lobby. I call my 2 best friends. Their names are Casey and Peyton. They both go to a different school than me. we met last year when I had transferred schools because of the bullying.

"hi" I say after we get the conference call set up. "hey" they say at the same time. "whats up?" Peyton says. "you guys know im a music maniac. well all my dedication payed off." I say.

"what do you mean?" Casey asks. "I got a record deal."

The next day I get waken up by little kids jumping on me. I told my roommates all about the record deal. I get out of bed, take a shower and curl my hair. I pick out an outfit- highwasted shorts with a black crop top.

I go downstairs for breakfast. when im done, I take every song I have ever written, and go outside to look them through. I want to sing the best ones to impress scott. I decide on my 4 best songs. one called revenge I wrote for kate when her boyfriend said some not so nice things to her.

my next one is called dont try to change me. its about when I was friends with this girl who thought everyone had to be her clone.

My third song is called is called hurt. I wrote it when my mom died.

My final song is called dirt cheap. its about growing up poor. (these are real songs ive written)

its 2:30 so I start walking towards Big Machine Records. I look like a lot of new artists. guitar in hand, and that wide eyed bambi look on my face.

I walk into the songwriting room and stand face to face with the one and only Taylor swift.

"Taylor is one of our most talented songwriters. she would love to hear your music, and I think you could learn a lot from her."

a/n: Hey guys. who likes the story so far? well I am......