ch. 3

when im done singing and recording Taylor and I go out for coffee. that sounds weird saying it. "Are you ok? you've been pale the entire time I've been here." Taylor says.

"im ok. its just im a huge swiftie and its not every day I get to meet my idol."I say. she giggles lightly.

"ive talked to Scott about having you go on tour with me. He likes the idea and i love your music." she says causally.

"r..really?" I stutter. "that's amazing."

*ring ring* "excuse me" Taylor says and answers her phone. After a few minutes she comes back saying she has to go.

"hand me your phone" she says. i hand her it without thinking. then she gives me hers. "put your number in. ill call you tomorrow with more details about the tour. and to hang out."

I smile and nod.  We get up to leave and part our different ways. I walk through the doors of the orpanage. somethings different. like the peace has been disturbed.

Everyone is gone. The house is quiet. I examine the house and its trashed. "w..what happened?" I whisper to myself. I go out to the backyard. Nothing and no-one. No footballs from the boys, no bikes. all abandoned.

I go up to my room. there sits an unconscious kate and god knows whats been done to her.

"KATE!" I scream in pure terror. I try waking her up. I feel for her pulse. its weak, but its there. I call 911 and they tell me to leave the scene. I was too busy holding Kate's hand and assuring her its going to be ok to notice the note on my bed.

dear Melissa,

Guess who escaped from jail. I hope you missed your daddy. so I hear your famous now. your little snob of a mother was a musician too. I except you to be scared. and dont even bother going to the police. im watching you. And this time, it's not just me out for you. Watch your back. You will end up dead. Even if its the last thing I do. You ruined my life. Your mother came to me claiming she was pregnant with my child. she wasnt with my child. I had a life, a career and I had to give it up for you. Someone I will hate forever. Oh, and if you get protection, just remember. im smarter than you and stronger.

I had tears streaming down my face. I wipe them away when the paramedic come for Kate. I stuff the note in my pocket and go meet the ambulance downstairs.

"I need to come. im all she has and shes all I have." I say. they agree to let me come.

im sitting in the waiting. terrified. Alert. not knowing whats going to happen is horrible. Kate is having surgery because she had internal bleeding. its all my fault. its was my dad-or not dad. but I do know I will pay her medical bills. its like 2 a.m. and I get a text. The buzzing noise startles me.

Taylor: hey I didnt know you lived at an orpanage. the crime scene was on the news and they have footage of you leaving there with someone in an ambulance. is everything ok?

oh god. Now they will investigate. 

me: everything's fine. just a little accident. no biggy.

I just hope Taylor cant detect lies through text message.

Taylor: alright. but if you need anything dont hesitate to call me. even if it is 2 a.m. and your 100 miles away, call.

I cant seem to tell if shes onto something or not.

me: ok thank you.

The doctors come out and tell me Kate is awake  and out of surgery. I go to her room.

"im so sorry its all my fault. what did my dad do to you?"

"he beat me and drugged me. Nothing that hasnt happened before. he said to tell you to move out of the orpanage.  or next time he wont hurt just me. all the others fled the scene but he caught me. He's a dangerous person Melissa. im scared."

I hold her hand. "I know. and you dont have to be scared anymore. ill move out.and do whatever he wants."

a/n: yea so the story is really picking up  and going towards the main plot of the story. ill write another chapter soon.