Chapter 18

That's how it goes for the rest of the couple of weeks we had left of school. I would hang out more with Niall, Liam, Louis and Tasha, while completely ignoring Mitch and Harry. I'd ignore Mitch's knocks on my bedroom door and the looks he sends me across the dinner table. I'd ignore every call, message and detention slips Harry would send me. He would always try and find ways to get me to speak to him during school, but I always found ways around him. Niall and Louis had been busting their asses off trying to convince me to speak to him again, thinking it was to do with the phone call from the beach. They had no clue I was ignoring him because of the guilt.

School had ended three days ago. It was now Christmas holidays and we were off for three weeks. My mother, Kyle and Mitch were all packing to visit Kyle's mother for the holidays, however I had somehow managed to make them believe I now had a job and couldn't just up and leave as I only just started. When really I'd leave the house dressed in Tasha's old work clothes but end up walking to her house and staying with her for a couple of hours. Which still counted as working as she was a nightmare. Since she's ended things with Nick, she's become a little happy hippie who's constantly energetic. It's emotionally draining to see.

"Okay I've left money for you on the kitchen counter. There's five hundred that should be enough for you." My mother says grabbing my face to kiss my forehead.

"Call us if you need absolutely anything." Kyle says grabbing my mothers bags putting them in the boot of the cab, which Mitch was already sat in on his phone.

"Don't worry guys, I'll hardly be at home. I've asked for more hours." I lie. Lying has become my thing recently.

"I'm so proud of you sweetheart." My mother says tearing up. I feel nothing. Why is it I can feel guilty for cheating and lying to Harry, but nothing from lying to my own mother? I'm a complete sadist.

"Hon, we have to go." Kyle says before waving me goodbye and climbing into the cab.

"Call me okay. Love you baby." She kisses my forehead again before walking to the cab. "We'll be home after New Years honey. See you next year!" She jokes before climbing in next to Kyle. I watch the cab drive off, watching it disappear after turning the corner after the last house on the street. Soon enough I head back inside and decide to make myself some dinner.

I'm on my second plate of pasta, and the second series of gossip girl when my phone starts ringing repeatedly.

It carries on ringing and buzzing for two straight hours before it gets quiet again. However half an hour later I hear a crash from up the stairs. I freeze. Not knowing whether I'm hearing things or not. Not a minute later am I dropping my plate on the coffee table and running into the kitchen to grab a knife before making my way up the stairs quietly.

My hands grip the handle tightly as I come to the final step of the stairs. I see the light from my room switch on from under my door. My room? Seriously? Now I definitely need to swap rooms with Mitch.

I raise the knife up in my hands, grabbing the handle I twist it quickly before I throw the door open, screaming profanities at however was there. 

Suddenly a hand gripped my wrist,
And my back collided with the wall. A ring clad hand covered my mouth."Nikita! It's just me baby!" He exclaims. I stop struggling under his grip. With wide eyes I look up meeting with green ones.

With all my strength I push at his chest causing him to stumble back. I drop the knife on the floor, before raising a finger to point at him. "Are you fucking kidding me! What is wrong with you! I could have stabbed you! Why couldn't you just message me you were coming over" I scream.

"I did! But you have been ignoring all of my calls and messages! For weeks! Not even days Nikita!" He shouts back. He moves closer towards me, his heavy breath hitting my face. "Why? Why have you been ignoring me Nikita?" He asks deeply.