Chapter 1

Stark and Clegane

Chapter 1

Johanna Stark POV

Miss.

My brother Robb and I watched as Bran shot another arrow, failing miserably though as he shot into a barrel. Robb gave a quiet laugh causing me to elbow him, he glanced over at me and I shook my head. I was a Stark, second eldest of the family. Robb and I continued to watch Bran who kept missing the target. Jon walked around Bran and put a hand on his shoulder.

“Go on, fathers watching,” Jon told Bran, I looked up at my father and he looked directly at me before averting his gaze back to Bran. “And your mother” The two looked up and our father nodded. Bran gave him a weak smile before sighing and looking back at the target. He focused and shot, but missed again. Robb couldn’t contain his laughter and soon burst out laughing, I sighed, crossing my arms. Bran shot yet again and missed, this time, I couldn’t help but laugh.

“And which one of you was a marksman at ten?” Father’s voice boomed from above causing us all to look at him. I had the urge to raise my hand since it was true, but I didn’t since I didn’t want Bran to feel like we had to compete. “Keep practicing Bran, go on.” Bran looked away and slowly positioned himself, ready to shoot another arrow.

“Relax your bow arm, Bran,” I said, Bran nodded and slowly began to relax. An arrow pierced the target, but it wasn’t Bran’s. We all looked back and saw our sister Arya, a bow in her hand. She had shot. She gave a small bow and Bran chased after her, leaving us laughing at the two.

I helped Jon place the arrows back into the barrel and watched him as he looked up. I followed his gaze and saw he was looking at mother. She too was staring at us, more directed at Jon though.

                                                                                            |||

“Robb, he is too young for this,” I whispered, Robb stared straight ahead as if he hadn’t heard me. I huffed and looked at him more, “Are you an idiot? I’m speaking to you.” I said harshly as I grabbed his arm. Robb glanced down at me, a sly grin on his face causing us both to chuckle. Father glared at us causing us to instantly go quiet.

“He will grow up Johanna, he will be seeing this throughout his whole life. Might as well start him off now.” Robb explained, as they walked the man up to the rock I grabbed onto Robb’s arm. “Relax” Robb whispered, I shook my head as the man started mumbling to himself. I never liked seeing people getting executed, I feared that more than when I actually killed a man, although that was rare for me.

“White walkers, white walkers.” The man mumbled to himself, Robb looked at me and then back at the man. These duties would soon be his, he was to be king if something were to happen. “I know I’ve broken my oath,” The man said to my father “I should’ve gone back to the wall, but I saw what I saw.” Father stared at the man blankly, as if not believing what he was hearing. “I saw the White Walkers, if you send word to my family, tell them I’m a coward and that I’m sorry.” I glanced over at Theon who was already looking at me, I quickly looked away back at the man.

Father gave the man a nod and turned, grabbing his sword. The guards pushed the young man down onto the block, I sighed and looked down for a moment. He unsheathed the sword and stabbed the ground, he bowed his head and was silent for a moment.

“In the name of Robert of house Baratheon, the first of his name,” Father started but I stopped paying attention when I heard Jon speaking to Bran.