Chapter 5

Stark and Clegane

Chapter 5

 Arryn POV

 "Shit" I said once again as I tried to stitch up the wound on my cheek left behind from the slap Gregor gave me. I had no idea who's bed chamber I was in, but they had a needle and thread so I helped myself. I  so was into my stitching that I didn't hear the chamber door opening.

"What are you doing in here?" A soft yet firm voice asked. I turned to see Johanna Stark standing there an annoyed look on her face.

"I am borrowing some needle and thread." I said turning back to the mirror.

"Go right ahead, I am sure Sansa wont mind sewing with a bloody needle." She said coming to my side.

"I'll get her a new fucking needle." I said in no mood to really talk.

"It was very brave what you did today, saving Sir Loras." She said standing up and grabbing a rag and a bottle of something.

"It was nothing." I said trying to hold back the tears as I pierced my cheek with the needle. Johanna sat down next to me and placed the rag on my cheek making me jump as a stinging pain traveled through my face.

"It will help clean it!" She said as I almost hit her.

"I don't need your help." I snapped.

"Clearly!" She snapped back. I sighed and looked at her for once really looking at her. She was unlike her sister Sansa and her sister Arya she was kind and fierce but I could tell that she could easily kill if needed. I held out the needle to her and she took it with a smirk on her face. She stitched up my wound better than I ever could, and for that I was grateful.

 "I know of you and my brother." She said softly.

"I suppose this is where you threaten my life and tell me that a Clegane will never join the Stark family." I said not looking at her.

"Is that what you want me to tell you?" She asked seriously.

"Don't be stupid." I said standing and grabbing my cloak from the table.

"I do not care who my brother beds or who he marries, as long as she is good to him."Johanna said kindly.

"That is very kind of you My lady." I said smiling faintly feeling my heart ache as I thought of Robb. He promised he would send a raven with a message for me just as soon as he could. I hoped that once that word came I could finally leave Kings Landing for good and join his side in the North.

"Arryn, if you ever need to get away from your brother I am here." She said putting her hand on my shoulder. I smiled weakly and left the chamber knowing that Sandor was no doubt looking for me. After the tournament I left his side quickly to nurse my wound not telling him where I was going. With our brother so close I knew he was terrified that Gregor had gotten to me somehow.

 I walked through the halls quickly hoping that I would avoid running into anyone else. Of course that hope was in vain since I turned a corner and slammed into my brother Gregor. "Watch where you are going bitch!" He snapped pushing me from his path.

"Bastard!" I said getting up from the ground.

"What was that girl!" He said grabbing me by the neck and holding his dagger to my throat.

"Bastard!" I breathed out as he lifted me off the ground the air leaving my lungs.

"I will kill you whore!" Gregor spat in my face.