Chapter 1

The stars up above shone brightly that made the sky look so amazingly beautiful. A young girl stared up above as she lay on a very soft grassy ground. Her eyes were dark blue as the sky and it showed like the vast ocean. Not even one emotion at her face. A few minutes later after she lay on the grassy ground, someone just showed up from nowhere. Only the black form could be seen. However, still the young girl was able to identify the young one. “Jhon” the only word that came out from her mouth, as she sat up, and looked at him coldly while he remained standing in front of her.

CHAPTER 1

A young girl just transferred at LandLake. She was not alone at her simple home; she had her dog with her. A very loyal golden retriever named Laike. He was been with the young girl since he was still a puppy. The young girl’s name was Rhena Mond. She was just a second year high school and she was going to MeerUniversity. This school not only has colleges, but also had high schools. This was very famous school in the east of the continent.

Rhena went early to MeerUniversity. She was already wearing the school’s uniform when she was alone in the huge field. Everything was full of green grass, and the sky was fill with fluffy clouds. She kept staring at it until she suddenly saw something. It was something that had happen years before she transferred to LandLake. She sat at the ground and closed her eyes as she remembers what had happen. As she closed her eyes, someone was watching her from a far. That someone was wearing a coat with a hood at its head. Only its smiling mouth could be seen.

“Yeah, guys, it’s a hit…” A young man said, however, his statement wasn’t finished when he saw Rhena laying on the grass. His friends simply ignored her, however, he couldn’t. So, he decided to get a closer look. As he was a front of her, he stared at her for minutes until she slowly opened her eyes. “Oh…” the only word came at his mouth. Immediately he kneeled and helped Rhena sit up. “What happen?” he asked; Rhena looked at him and smiled as she said, “I fallen asleep” The guy laughed and stood. Rhena looked up at him, and wondered. “I am Lance,” he said as he handed his hand to her. She just looked at it for a couple of minutes. She slowly smiled at him and said, “I am Rhena,” as she held his hand that brought her up. Lance’s eyes kept staring at her while Rhena looked from a far.

Lance was also second year high school. He wasn’t part to any sports clubs, however he was very popular in the school with his personality. He and Rhena went to the main building together. They talked and laughed along the way. “So, you just transferred here,” Lance said, as they walked. Rhena just nodded. She kept a bright smile at her face, however, deep inside her, a tear drops appeared. “So, what section are you?” Lance asked; immediately Rhena got something at her pocket and gave it to Lance. “Oh… so you are at the next section of mine.” He exclaimed, Rhena didn’t said anything. She just kept smiling as if she had no problem at all.

The classes started. Rhena was introduce to everyone in the room. She smiled more brightly than earlier as she greeted them. She sat beside a wide window. She looked outside and said to herself, “A new day has come”. Her schedule hasn’t had any break within the morning, however, in the afternoon she had lots of breaks. She also made friends with Clarice, Jason and Terry. They were very active to sports activity; in fact, they invited her to join any clubs like soccer, basketball, tennis, and sort of that.

 The bell rang! This meant that the classes for morning session were over and it was time for lunch. Good thing that she brought along her pack lunch, if she didn’t she was sure that she would line up in the cafeteria. As she went out, Lance was already at the door waiting. She smiled at him and said nothing. Clarice and the rest followed her. When Lance saw her with friends, he smiled with relief. “So, you have already got friends” Lance said as he grabbed Rhena’s bag to carry it. “Oh… yes,” Rhena said, and one by one she introduced them to him and vice versa. Clarice on the other hand knew Lance, she had a big crush on him since first year. She didn’t let her friends find out, so when she saw Lance grabbed Rhena’s bag to carry it by himself, she was furious. She didn’t let them noticed her anger within her.

The five of them went to the cafeteria together. They lunched at one table. As they ate, they talked the stuffs like sports, math, and teenage discussion. Rhena was having fun with there conversation. She never encountered such conversation in her life. She was always at home studying and couldn’t go out to play with the others. She was prohibited to talk to others, if she wasn’t talked to or play around like a five years old because they told her that it was a foolish thing to do at her age. Her smiled went brightly that warmed Lance’s heart and so was the others.

After they lunch, they hang out on one of the benches outside the classrooms. Lance sat across with Rhena who was between Jason and Terry. Clarice on the other hand sat beside Lance. She kept a distance, but she made sure that Lance could see her. “So, you guys have any plan in playing after class?” Lance asked; Jason nodded. “Playing what?” Rhena asked; she knew nothing. Her face showed an innocent face of a young girl. Lance smiled at her. He immediately knew that she never did play any kind of interactive. “You know…” Terry said; she was trying to explain, however, Clarice immediately inserted, “Playing sports, the one we talked earlier” Rhena then thought for seconds and said, “Oh… that conversation. I never played any kind of sports and knew nothing about it” Everyone immediately wondered why, however, immediately Rhena found a way to change the subject.

They then decided to play after class. Rhena was very excited, however, there was something bothering in her mind. When she was alone, she sense that someone was watching her from a far. However, she couldn’t able to locate where exactly. She sat outside her room alone. Terry, Clarice and Jason were busy making their unfinished assignments. As she wondered her mind of, someone sat beside her. “Don’t look” a voice of a guy said; Rhena recognized the voice and immediately asked, “Why are you here?” she didn’t looked at him not even a glance. On the other hand, he was looking at her. His hand was in front of Rhena’s eyes. He closed it and immediately opened it. In his hand, a red rose was already could be seen. It was very beautiful. “Here, take this” he said; Rhena held the rose. As she did, he then said, “Take care” and he left.

Rhena smelled the fresh red rose and didn’t noticed that Lance was already looking at her. He sat beside her and said, “Nice rose” she looked at him and nodded, “Who gave it?” he asked; Rhena didn’t want to answer that question, however… “Someone I know,” she said as she face him; Lance on the other hand, had a feeling that something was wrong, however, he knew nothing about her, so he couldn’t say that shewas hiding something.