Chapter 10.

I never really thought about my body shape before I turned sixteen years old. When I did start noticing my body shape,I liked it. I liked how my breasts were growing and my waist was kind of small with wide hips. I didn't worry about my thighs too much knowing they would be covered most of the time anyways. I liked to run my hands down my sides and feel the difference between my waist and hips,cup my breasts in my hands when I was alone.

I was by no means the skinny type with a tiny waist and large breasts. I had a little belly fat (I like chocolate, sue me) and a few months after I turned sixteen I started noticing things.

My boobs were different. One of them seemed to be growing differently,faster. I was a 34DD at the time and started to panic. I mean, I knew my chest was going to be big,my mother had to wear a special bra to help her back pain but I didn't want it to be uneven. It was only a small difference and I knew it might not be a big deal to others but it was to me.

I liked how my boobs looked but I did not like them being uneven. I noticed that if I cupped them,one would feel different,lighter and I didn't like it. Symmetry was considered pretty without us even realising it and now my body was uneven,imbalanced. I stopped paying attention to my body, ashamed of it. I heard stories of women with asymmetrical breasts and how they said it was very common but I still felt like I was a disappointment.

I was waiting for Nate one day after school, a male stood a few feet away,watching and waiting until Nate arrived so he could leave. A hand touched my shoulder and I jumped. I recognized Nates scent and instantly relaxed.

"Sorry I wasn't here,I thought I scented my mate." I nodded at him and smiled.

"It's okay, I was supervised" It always confused me as to why we needed to constantly be watched. I mean, many females were short. Well shortish. I had only seen a handful of tall females and I had been awed by them, some were even taller than the males! I couldn't help but think of it as a small victory,even if they couldn't help it.

Nate growled under his breath at me" Niamh,look at me" I looked at him "You do not need to be under constant scrutiny. It's ridiculous. If I found my mate and she was being watched by another man I would be furious." his cheeks were flushed in anger and I stared at him in surprise. He had just openly talked against the rules which could result in him being whipped by the Alpha.

I was kind of surprised at his anger. It wasn't that big of a deal so why was he getting so angry.

"I, um, okay?" He sighed and started walking. I followed behind him silently.

"I scented my mate. But she got away. It was like she was running from me." He balled his fists and I eyed it nervously. Angry males were bad. Angry males who felt that their mate had betrayed them were even worse.I knew he was hiding something from me but didn't push, afraid his control would snap.

I thought about this as I looked at Nate the next day.

He was seated next to his mate,Dimitri, and was looking at the ground. There were bruises around his neck. My chest tightened and I thought I might be sick. He was my older brother, he was gentle and kind and so unlike many males. He would look at my father emotionlessly when he talked about how he should treat his mate when he finds her. He wouldn't weigh in when my fathers friends spoke of how women were born to serve them. Now,now he's going to be beaten into submission.

I looked away and bit my lip. Oh God. Dom had told me that he forbade anybody from using any of their abilities around me. I had raised my eyebrows at the "forbade" part but didn't comment on it. I was comfortable with my thoughts but knew when to stop,just in case. Dominic was rubbing lazy circles into my thighs as we sat outside. There was a gentle wind and the trees surrounding us stood tall and proud. I loved the feel of the grass between my fingers,the smell of outdoors.