Chapter 15.

The party was at Dominic's parents house and over a hundred people were going to be there. Nervous was an understatement for how I felt.

Before we pulled into his parents driveway I felt like I couldn't breathe. My lips tingled and my heart felt trapped. I gasped for breath and clutched onto Dominic's arm.

I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this.

I chanted this in my head and desperately tried to stop myself from crying.

There was going to be so many people and I just can't deal with that.

Dominic pulled and lifted me onto his lap. My eyes darted around. I tried to focus on him but my heart refused to keep still. It kept pounding and pounding in my chest, my breathing couldn't keep up and I choked.

A few minutes later and I was beginning to calm down. My breathing was semi-normal and I had stopped crying.

Shit. My makeup.

I was going to have to go in with red eyes, they would know I was crying.

A new wave of panic washed over me, but before it could pull me under, my mate was there.

He whispered soothing words into my ear and told me he was there. I calmed down again and looked at him. My eyes felt puffy and I had to continuously sniff but I didn't feel embarrassed.

I didn't feel as if I should look presentable in front of him. He was looking at me like I was the most beautiful girl in the world and I felt it looking into his eyes.

"I'm going to be by your side the entire night,OK? I won't let anybody talk to you and you're not allowed to talk to anybody in that dress anyways" he tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear and smiled at me.

"O.K." I sniffed. "Can we wait a few minutes until my eyes return to normal?"

He nodded and kissed the top of my head. My mind felt exhausted and the last thing I wanted to do was go to this party but I had to. I can do it.

Luckily, I brought makeup with me. I fixed as much as I could until I looked presentable. I was wearing waterproof mascara and I was so glad I did.

We drove back in and I gripped the hand on my thigh. My heart was pounding painfully in my chest as we walked up the steps.

He pushed the door open and I held my breath. Dozens of people littered the hallway, all of them were elegantly dressed and stood with their backs straight.

I shifted so that I was hidden under Dominic's arm,he didn't seem to mind. He walked with his aura wild and free. It didn't scare me as much as it used to when he let it go. Knowing it wasn't aimed at me helped me to feel even more comfortable. I knew if anything happened,they'd have him to deal with. It was very reassuring.

It simultaneously worried me, he was merciless in punishments when it regarded something to do with me.

We walked into a large room that I had never been in before. Dozens of more people were standing around and talking politely to each other. I saw a few vampires with humans kneeling by their feet. There were normal wolves as well as Lycans. My eyes sought out Nate and I found him sitting quietly beside his mate as he talked to a vampire. They were holding hands and Nate leaned his head against his mates side.

He looked happy. I relaxed and smiled up at Dominic. Maybe tonight wouldn't be so bad after all.

We were ushered onto the stage where Dominic made the announcement. I stood behind him in silence and only moved when we were walking off stage.