Chapter 17.

I woke up in the middle of the night. I was still curled up next to Delilah but now my head was on the edge of a separate pillow. Two blankets covered us and Delilah was still clutching my hand with an iron grip. I stayed still in fear of waking her up but shifted slightly. My arm ached from the position it was in, bent at an awkward angle with my head on it and my hand slightly upwards to hold Delilahs. I tried to slowly slide my hand out of hers but she tightened her grip, small whimpers escaping her lips.

I sighed and laid back down with my hand still in hers and tried to get comfortable.

Was Dominic home already? I doubted it, he would probably stroll in in an hour or two, his anger only slightly gone. I pitied Justin and Dustin, I really did but then again, they shouldn't be going around beating women and forcing them into sex. James would probably be tracked down sooner or later. Probably sooner.

I felt more comfortable around Dominic recently, without even realising. I didn't try to hold in my thoughts or my opinions around him. I didn't even care about sassing him in front of other people. Thais was a weird adjustment considering my mother always got nervous even thinking about asking my father for his opinion on something or when she had to ask him for something. My father could be nice and fair but sometimes he could be downright bastard. His eyes softened when he spoke to my mother and he would sometimes stare at her like she was the only girl in the world.

It was adorable. Until he opened his stupid mouth and ruined everything by saying something mean because he couldn't quite come to terms with how much he loved my mother. They had a lot of secrets between each other and secrets that they kept from each other. Would my mate and I have that same problem?

Thinking about my mother and father reminded me of the apple pie that my father would buy my mother when she was in heat. Her emotions were haywire and crazy during this time and she had the cravings of a teenage male wolf. When I was young, I would watch in fascination as she devoured and entire roast turkey to herself without fail. That was, at least, when she was not trapped in the bedroom with my father. I was too young to know what they were doing until I was seven years old and accidentally walk in on them. I got a very long talk after that from my mother and spent the next week going over the male and female reproductive system in school. The other girls were horrified at what happened and a few even admitted that they saw their parents doing the exact same thing.

Thinking about my mothers heat and her ravenous hunger reminded me of the apple pie she got each time. She would share her apple pie with me since I would cling to her until she did. My father eventually figured this out and tried to keep me away from my mother while she had her pie but we had already started something. She would save a piece for me and would manage to sneak it in to me somehow.

Of course, my father realised this also and decided to just buy me one too. My mother and I could be found happily eating our pie listening to classical piano music that we didn't even like. My father thought it would calm her nerves so everyday when she woke up during her heat, it would be playing throughout the entire house. It was calming but we both found it endlessly annoying.

He seemed to know that this was my mother and I's bonding time. This was when we both felt free to talk to each other without any restraints holding our words back. It made my mother happy so it made my father happy.

I loved them talks. And the apple pies. My mouth watered at the thought.

Apple pie.

Delilah stirred in her sleep and I wondered if she could sense how desperate I wanted apple pie. Or is it apple tart? Do they say that here? I've been here for over two years and I still get confused with what words are said.