Chapter 5

The teacher ran into the room and her eyes widened at the sight of Peter lying on the floor, his hand to his head with Jason towering over him. She hurried over to the scene and stepped in front of Peter, forcing Jason to back away.

"What is the meaning of this?" she yelled out and everyone fell silent. Jason's head was lowered and he was avoiding her piercing eyes. "Mr. Santos, principal's office. NOW." she pointed towards the door and Jason headed towards the door but on his way, he stepped on Peter's arm. Peter automatically felt raged and tugged on Jason's leg, making him fall flat on his face. 

"Peter!" Christina kneeled down on the ground and helped Peter sit up, she held his face in her hands.  "Are you okay?" she looked deep into his eyes and was resisiting the urge to kiss him. 

"Chrissy, nurse?" he coughed out and she helped him up. He stumbled and swung his arm over her shoulder, limping towards the nurse as they walked. "Thanks, but look, what he said about the necklace-"

"Don't worry about it. Right now, you need to get to the nurse. Later, I'll kick your butt." she opened the door him and led him in. 

"Peter?" Sophia ran over and held the door open, hurrying in to face him. "Oh my god." she cupped his face in her hands and gave him a long, passionate kiss, then leaned her forehead against his. "What the hell happened?"

"Jason punched him. Fighting about..." Christina looked Sophia up and down. "You." Sophia narrowed her eyebrows and removed Peter's arm from Christina, replacing it around herself. 

"It's okay, baby. I'm here now." she walked him over to a bed and he lay down. The nurse walked over with an ice pack and Sophia put it against his cheek where he'd been punched. Christina walked over and sat on the bed, facing him. 

"I got him. You can head out." she said to Sophia, glaring at her. Sophia's voice came out cracked. 

"He's my boyfriend, I love him-" Peter smiled at Sophia, "and I think I'm staying." 

"Suit yourself." Christina shrugged and sighed, looking away from them and pulled out her cell phone. Sophia pulled up a chair and sat down close to Peter, holding his hand. Christina snuck a peek over her shoulder at Sophia. What does she have that I don't? she wondered, tears forming in her eyes. 

        When the nurse came back to Peter, Sophia and Christina said goodbye and started heading out the door. Sophia was about to turn when Christina tugged on her arm, making Sophia stumble as hair fell into her face, hiding the stern look on her face. Sophia jerked her arm away. 

"What the hell?" she shook her hand  and grunted. Christina threw her head back and laughed, planting a smirk on her face. 

"Sophia, don't you think this whole relationship thing with Peter is going too fast?" she raised her eyebrows, crossing her arms. Sophia had never really thought about that, when it happened, it just happened. There wasn't going back after the decision was made. Christina, seeing Sophia was looking down at the ground and not saying anything, stepped closer and whispered. "Do what you know you need to do. Before I make things complicated. It's my birthday after all, consider it my present." and with that, she turned and walked away back to Science class. 

         Sophia stood there, not sure what to say. Did Christina really want Sophia to break up with Peter? Does she not want him happy? Sophia asked herself. Of course, Sophia didn't know the real reason for Christina's cruelness. Christina was always the jealous type. Especially when she couldn't get the boy she'd known since birth, yet someone who'd known him for just a few months could easily get under his skin and into his bed.