Chapter 10 - Peter's POV

The way Sophia turned away from me, the way she couldn't stand to look at me... it made me feel like scum to her. I loved her, I truly did but she was pushing me away, and I didn't know what to do to maintain how scarred I'd become. 

"Peter, I think it's best Sophia and I go." Jamie tried to warm me up with one of her smiles but it wasn't helping. I just wanted Sophia to understand. 

"It was nice seeing you, Pete." Sophia put her hand on my shoulder. "I'll see you later... or whenever." she linked elbows with Jamie and hugged Chaz's arm with her other hand as they started heading towards the door. 

"Wait!" I said, standing and running over to Sophia. I gripped her arm, spun her around and planted a kiss on her lips, only to be pushed away and slapped across the face. 

"How dare you?!? How could you kiss me? We're not even dating anymore!" she curled her hands into fists and stomped her foot. 

"Sophia, I'm sorry." I tried chasing after her when she walked through the door but Chaz put a hand on my chest. 

"Leave it, man. Don't you think she's had enough drama for once?" Chaz rolled his eyes and nudged me with his hand before stalking out of the station. I couldn't describe how mad I was at this guy. He'd taken my place in Soph's life. 

          After the station, I headed straight home. Anger and envy filled my head as I heard the engine roar. I firmly placed my hands on the wheel, furiously kicking in gear and storming out of the parking lot. Down every road, I swerved and turned, it all sinking into my brain. Her. Him. Jamie defending all of it? I never expected that... sure, they were best friends but we'd grown close enough for her to not defend at least Chaz. 

"Pete?" I heard my mother's warm voice as I looked up from the car, pulling into the driveway to see her on the porch. I threw the door open and stepped out, walking up the steps and sitting next to her. "What got you all fired up?" she asked me, placing her hand on my thigh. 

"Sophia's back. She was being kept hostage." I choked out and my mom widened her eyes. 

"Is she alright? Is there anything I can do-"

"That's not even the worst part." I raised my eyes to meet hers. "Some guy that was taking part in keeping her hostage is all of a sudden the hero and she hates my guts." I shrugged. "I told her I loved her." 

"Oh, honey... I'm sure she knows you love her but if she doesn't love you back, you're going to have to learn to accept that, or fight for her." she stood up and wrapped a blanket around me. "I'm going to go check on your brother." she walked inside the door, leaving me with a blanket on my back on the porch. I sat there for who knows how long, until I hopped off the steps and got into my car, ready to head towards the apartment. 

          I knocked on the door with my balled up fist and waited until it was opened. The first face I saw was Jamie, and she did not look happy. In fact, she looked extremely ticked off.

"What do you want, Pete?" she closed the door behind her and stepped in front of me, crossing her arms. 

"I wanted to talk to Sophia." 

"Why?" 

"Things went down pretty heated at the police station, I just wanted to make sure things got settled between us." I nodded, trying to maintain stable. 

"Fine. Whatever." she shrugged nonchalantly, opened the door and let her and myself inside. I shoved my hands in my pockets and looked around the kitchen and living room. "She's in her room, but just remember, she's my best friend. You break her heart, I break your face."