Chapter 9

Waking up in a strange room with a pounding headache felt like the old times, except this time the headache was ten times worse and I had barely any memories left of last night.

I tried looking around the room that was decorated in a very American way with loads of dark colours. I didn't have a clue where my phone was or my clothes even for that matter. Looking under the cover to check if I had any clothes on, but for my relief I still had my underwear on.

Sweeping through the messy nest that was my tangles hair I head a door click and I shot up in a blink of an eye.

"Good you're awake; I brought you a cup of coffee." Andy said caring a big trait towards me. What the fuck was he doing here?

"Um, I, what- care to explain what the hell are you doing here? Or what the hell am I doing here?" I blurred out in completely shock.

"Don't worry, you're at my house. And no, before you jump into any conclusion based on whatever this scenery is. No, I did not kidnap you and have sex with you against your will, actually no sex or even touching was involved. I found you outside of Piccadilly Circus half unconscious and brought you here since I have no clue where you lived." He explained calmly.

I stared at him in shock and disbelief of whatever he was saying to me. All I could remember was arriving at the party, drinking and taking some pills and then... oh no. I remembered a man and a woman who did god knows what to me, but I couldn't remember anything other than that.

"You okay Max? Can you remember anything? Or maybe why you were only wearing your underwear and a trench coat?" Andy questioned, now sounding more concerned than before. "Are you sure you weren't... you know..." He didn't even need to finish the sentence for me to realise what he was meaning.

"Oh my god I was not raped! Please stop asking that." I sighed falling back on the bed and pulling the covers over my head.

After taking a long overdue shower, I had no clue of how long I just stood there until Andy knocked on the door telling me he had brought me some of his old clothes for me. I turned off the shower and stepped out wrapping a towel around my waist.

Staring at my own refection from the mirror trying to gather all the pieces from last night, they just weren't adding up.

Who was the couple? How did I end up at Piccadilly Circus? What was Andy doing out so late? None of it just made any sense to me.

The clothes Andy had left me on the bed looked fine but they were all too big for me. Not saying he was fat or anything, I was just so small and he wasn't. I could have fit two of me inside of his t-shirt, and the jeans were too baggy for my taste, I preferred mine skinny as a second skin. I looked like a wannabe hip hop douche but it was this or be nude.

Andy peaked through the door covering his eyes, "You decent?"

"Yes you perv. Again, nothing you wouldn't have seen before anyway." I hummed.

"I didn't realise how small you actually were, you are nearly drowning in my clothes. I might have some of my girlfriend's clothes here if you want-"

"No, these are just fine. Thanks." I cut him off, feeling like a small useless kid. I hated it.

"Wait, were you just... nice to me?" He said acting dramatically. I rolled my eyes and flopped back onto the bed. "Nah, you wish doc. So tell me, how does an American end up here in London- or no even better, tell me how does a doctor end up becoming a pill popper?" I smiled smugly knowing I'd annoy him.