whatever it takes

be aware of mentioned past abuse, and for gods sake, never expect anything to be this long ever again. this could be its own book. it might become its own book's-worth of this!verse oneshots (if you ask nicely, and if i can be fucked,)

any mistakes and strokes of genius are my own, since i conceptualise, write, and edit all my own work. i've probably misplaced about 70 commas and at least as many full stops, so forgive that, and try to enjoy the first oneshot i've ever written between chris & sebastian. if you wanna discuss anything or point out mistakes i've made, go ahead, but don't expect me to necessarily correct those mistakes. i'm an amateur writer (for example it took me 4 tries to spell amateur.) i'm sorta embarrassed by this entire oneshot so tell me if you like it but also tell me if you think it's shit.

chris doesn't know what's wrong with sebastian's dom, but they obviously aren't taking care of the kid. he's so beautiful as always, long limbed and coltish, but he looks so drained. baby blues look glazed, shoulders hunched, his wide, expressive mouth alternating between barely there frowns and anxious biting.

sebastian's eyes blink closed more often than they don't, posture collapsing on itself, and whenever he's touched he practically vibrates out of his skin. sweet and needy as it is, if his dom was giving him the attention and affection he craved, he wouldn't gravitate so close to the nearest presence and support himself on them.

it makes chris a little mad, when sebastian stumbles out of his trailer with red rimmed eyes and a defeated stance. he still manages to be so good though, offering everyone he crosses the softest of smiles. he volunteers to do whatever he can, handing out coffee to the crew and collecting downey's script when the staple breaks and the pages spill across the floor. chris makes sure to give him a quiet word of praise in case the others don't, or maybe just to see his contented sigh and the blush that's all too becoming of him.

often, mackie gets to sebastian before chris can, clapping him on the back and asking if he's holding up. it usually inspires timid smiles and reassurance that is almost definitely an act; or a half truth, at the least.

it's not until sebastian's so tired one night, quietly celebrating a good day with beer and snack foods, when he stumbles and resorts to sliding down the closest wall that chris decides he can't mind his business anymore.

"hey, seb." he says, when sebastian's walking by, pretty much ordered by the cast collectively to get to your trailer and go to bed. he falls into step beside the brunet, barely keeping himself from pressing his hand to the small of sebastian's back or the name of his neck, proprietary, and guiding him. sebastian regards him with a glance and a tiny, sad smile.

"listen, just totally stop me if i'm being invasive, but you look so worn out, seb. your dom isn't taking care of you properly." chris breathes, tucking his hands into his pockets and looking anywhere but sebastian, which is why he misses the startled expression seb schools fast. the stars are nice enough, he reasons, and decisively does not look at sebastian.

"uh yeah, i, um... i dont exactly, well, i don't have a dom. at all." he admits, and it feels like a confession. chris's eyebrows jump up. "it's just me," sebastian shrugs, and then hastily tacks on, anxiously, "but i'm doing my best!"

it takes chris a few steps to absorb and process. sebastian doesn't have a dom. this young, lovely, beautiful sub is taking care of himself - and why? how could he not have someone to hold and care for him?