Chapter 1. Meet Alexa Clearwater

"Alexa, where the fuck are you? It's your turn to clean the dishes!" I heard the main bitch (and the oldest of all the girls in the orphanage) Chloë yell from downstairs. I sigh, put down my math book and put down my pencil. My homework was due till tomorrow and i still didn't get much done. Why is math so damn hard?
I walked downstairs and met the rageful face of Chloë. "What the hell where you up to? I have been screaming at you for like 10 minutes! Get to work right NOW!" She screamed at me then she walked out. I sighed. Technically it was her turn to do the dishes but i wisely kept my mouth shut to prevent another beating.
From the second i came to this orphanage, she already hated me. I stayed out of her way and connected with some other girls. But Chloë managed to get everyone against me. So here i am, alone, hurt and with no one to confide in. How did i get here you ask? Well, let's get back to what happened 3 years ago

I was 8 years old when my mom died. She passed away from bone cancer and my dad did not take it well. He loved my mom more than life and even more than me. Of course he did love me, but she was his light, she brought out the best part of him.
The abuse started when i was 9. At first he would slap me across the face when he got back from going out, completely drunk. But then it got worse. He beat me, locked me up and starved me. But that was not even the worst part yet. I came home from school one day and immediately ran up to my room and locked the door when i heard my dad call my name in a tone which i never heard him use before. It was almost loving. As naive i was, i fell for it.
"Alexa, honey, can you come downstairs for a minute? I won't hurt you baby, i am so so sorry, please come here." He said.

I walked downstairs and walked up to my dad when i felt a rough hand on my shoulder.

"So this is your daughter? Little skinny pipsqueak aint she? She is pretty alright. How much?"

What the hell?? My own father is going to sell me?

"$500 bucks" my dad said. The creepy man frowned. "Bit too pricey for such a skinny little girl but i can use a good fuck". realised what was going on and i paled. My dad was letting men raping me to get paid.

"Excellent, so if you would kindly pay me now... "No fucking way, i'm paying after i had my fun with her, if that's not good for you, i'm leaving, your choice."

My dad sighed. "Fine, go ahead." The man grabbed me and i began to scream and cry. The man pushed me on the bed and hushed me.

"There now, sweetheart, don't be scared, i am going to make you feel so good." He said and began kissing my neck and unbotton my shirt.

"Get off me, don't!" I screamed. The man slapped me. "Don't you dare talk to me like that, thanks to me you'll be able to get food en shit. Be grateful little bitch."

I kicked him in his you know where and i began to ran. My dad on my heels. "Get back here you little brat, i ain't done with you!

I ran further and further from him till i crashed in someone. I looked up and saw it was a cop. I quickly muttered an apology.
The cop looked at me with kind eyes. "It's alright, sweetie, are you okay? You look panicked.

I was shaking and i told him everything till my dad came up to us "So sorry about that officers, you know little kids right, always talking nonsense. Come honey, let's go." And he wanted to pull me away but the cop pulled me back and looked at me.

He could clearly see the bruise on my left eye and knew i wasn't lying. He knelt down so he was on my level and whispered: "don't worry, i believe you. Everything is going to be alright."

Then he turned to my dad and arrested him and pushed me in his car. A female cop came over to me. "Hi honey, what's your name?" "A-Alexa" i stuttered. "Let's get you away from here, shall we, Alexa?"

And that is how i came here. Kind of dramatic, huh? But yeah, that's my life. And i fear it won't get any better.

After i had done the dishes i had gone back upstairs to try and finish my math. I was sitting there struggling for half an our when i heard a knock in the door. It was Jenna, our caregiver and the only one who has ever cared about me.

"Hey hon, struggling with your math?" I nodded and groaned. Jenna chuckled. "Here, let me help you, i was pretty good at math when i was your age."

After a while i finally got the hang of it. Jenna taught me way better than my teacher. "Thanks Jen, you're an angel!" Jenna smiled. "No problem, kid, get some sleep okay? you've got a long day ahead of you." "I will, goodnight!" I kissed her on the cheek.

I stuffed all my schoolthings and my homework in my bag, put on my pajama's, brushed my teeth and got in my bed and fell asleep.

*nightmare

"Let's have some fun, little girl!" I heard a creepy voice in my ear and felt hands touching my body. "Noooo let me go!" I yelled, which angered the man and punched me in the face. "Suck it up you little whore. Im going to fuck you so hard, your little body won't be able to handle it!" I yelled. "Daddy heeeelp! " but he only laughed. "Sorry, honey, but you deserve it and you know why, because you killed your mother! And thats when i saw the corpse of my mother in my dads arms and i screamed.

I woke up gasping and breathing hard. I've had the same exact nightmare for 3 years.
I heard Jenna knock. "Lex, time to wake up!" I jumped out of bed and got under the shower. After that i got dressed, put on a little mascara and went to school without breakfast.
First period was math. "Alright class, take out your math books. I'm going to check if anyone's got there homework done. I opened my bag and searched for my book. It was not there. I checked again. Still no book. "It seems to me, miss Clearwater, that you haven't got your homework done." "I swear i did sir, but i can't find my book. "Excuses, i've heard them all before. Detention after school." Mr Jones walked away. I looked down. Embarrased. Someone must have taken my math book. Chloë has had something to do with this. I am officially done with her.
School today was hell. Everyone picked at me, pushed me down and spat on me. I never did anything to them. What did i do? Why did i deserve all of this. I locked myself in the bathroom and cried silent tears.