Chapter 9.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I was dealing with a lot of stress lately so I needed a break from writing. But I'm back! I hope you like the story so far. Thank you for taking the time to read it! Now on with the story☺️ X Valerie

When i woke up, i found myself lying on a couch in some dressing room. I looked around and remembered i was at the set and the whole incident with the creep.

I felt embarrassed. I freaked out in front of everyone. Johnny must be so ashamed of me. I wouldn't be surprised if he would take me back to the orphanage. Cause at the end of the day, I always fuck things up. I sat up and looked at the floor, staring as my tears splattered. 

Suddenly i felt the door carefully open, as if the person didn't want to wake me up. I quickly wiped the tears away and looked up. 

"She's awake." I heard the guy speaking to someone. The door widened and Johnny came in.

"Hi, sweetheart. How are you feeling?" He sat beside me and wrapped his arm around me.

"I just feel ashamed." I admitted. "I'm so sorry for acting that way and shouting at you. I was just so scared." 

He held me closer. "Don't be embarrassed and you certainly don't need to apologize. You had every right to react the way you did. I promise that this won't every happen again. I'll do everything to prevent it."

I felt very exhausted from everything that has happened today. I yawned and Johnny chuckled. "Still tired, babe?" I nodded.

"We're almost done for today, then we can go home." 

They took another full hour to film and finally it ended.  "Great job, guys! I'll see you on monday." Tim said.  

Unfortunately I had to wait half an hour, because Johnny had to take of his make up and change clothes. 

I was half asleep when I felt a gentle hand shaking me.  I looked up to see Johnny smiling down at me.

"Let's go darling. We'll grab something to eat on our way home and then you can go to sleep."  

I shook my head. "I'm not hungry. I just want to go to bed now. It's not that big of a deal to skip one meal." I protested.

He looked at me sternly. "Alexa, you WILL eat. I'm not in the mood to have this discussion." Geez, what's up with him? I looked down and answered with a soft "yes, sir."

"Baby, look at me." I ignored his request. Johnny sighed and gently grabbed my chin, forcing me to look up.

"Sweetie, I'm not mad. I'm very concerned about your eating habits and I want it to change. Will you at least try for me? Please?"

I couldn't just say no to that face so I just nodded. "Okay, I will." Johnny smiled. "Good girl. Let's go, yeah?" He reached his hand to me and I gladly took it. We walked out and got in the car.

"Everyone really liked you, you know that?" Johnny said all of a sudden." My eyes widened at this. No one likes me. "T-they do?" I said softly. Johnny chuckled. "Aww, angel, of course they do. They said you were polite, sweet and kind. Don't be insecure. I'm sure loads of people like you."

If you'd only knew, I thought to myself. To be honest, I'm surprised he hasn't dragged my worthless ass back to the orphanage. 

10 minutes later he pulled over at a McDonalds drive in.  We both got a big mac with fries. I managed to eat half of the burger, and all of my fries. Johnny smiled at me. "Proud of you, kiddo."  I swallowed. No one has ever said that to me before.  My sad expression did not go unnoticed.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked concerned. I shook my head. "It's just that.. no one has ever told me that they were proud of me. This is so foreign to me." 

Johnny stared right ahead of him, his jaw clenched and I could see that he was trying hard to retain himself. After a few seconds he turned his head back to me.  "I know you had to go through traumatising stuff in your life, and that you've been treated in the most cruely ways, but i swear to you, that as long as you're with me no harm will ever come to you. And I will do everything in my power to make sure  you know that you are so loved. I love you, Lexi. I'll say it ever 5 minutes if I have to."  

This almost made me break down in tears, but I've already cried so much in front of him. I hate being weak. 

He could see right through me, because I heard him say: "Don't hold it in, sweetheart. It's okay to cry." 

And that's when I broke down.  Johnny pulled me onto his lap and held me close, whispering sweet things to me as he let me cry in his chest.  He stroke my hair and it didn't take me long to fall asleep.

When I was abruptly awoken by yet another horrifying dream, I realised I was in my bed.  I got out and made my way downstairs, to the living room where Johnny was spread out on the couch, watching a movie.  He noticed me standing at the door way and he lifted an eyebrow.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping? It's 2 a.m." He scolded.  I took a step back. "I- I couldn't s-sleep." I stuttered.  Get your shit together for once, Alexa!

Johnny's eyes softened. "Nightmare?" He asked softly and I nodded. He walked over to me and lifted me up bridal style.  "I'm glad you trust me enough to come and get me. I'm proud of you, baby."

He said and kissed my forhead. He then placed me back in bed and crawled in next to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "Goodnight, angel. I love you."

"I love you too, daddy." Not fully realising what just slipped out of my mouth, I felt in a peaceful sleep.