Chapter 5

I would not wish any companion in the world but you.- William Shakespeare

Katy's POV.

It was past midday and yet the restaurant was still packed with the late lunch guests and scattered loungers. I was exhausted and my body ached from lack of sleep and... My cheeks warmed as I remembered the previous night.

"You look as though you are in dire need of Advil and a shot of vodka." Anna said to me as we waited to collect the orders from the kitchen.

"I'm just tired." I told her trying to conceal my blushing face.

"So Ethan Hart had said he would get you home...how was that?" She asked curiously, "A one on one ride with one of the wealthiest most eligible bachelors ever."

"I fell into his pool." I informed her as casually as I could have, "He got my clothes dry cleaned and I went home alone."

"Good." She said surprising me, "You're a nice girl Katy I don't want you to get your heart broken by a notoriously spoilt player."

She may be right about everything else but being with him for the night I would never say he was spoilt. To me, he was sweet. I felt the smile that overtook my face as I remembered the endearment he had called me.

"Him and his mates...they chase skirts faster than the pricey sports cars they own." She continued on, "Well the ones with the skirts chase them but you must understand my point. They are billionaires...gazillionaires even if that's a word. They race yachts in the water, jets in the air and Ferraris on land. They have the most blessed genes in the entire world but like I told you before they are lethal. They look prince charming, act like prince charming but inside they are really the bad wolves we were warned about."

"How do you so much?" I asked her once again as we collected our trays.

"Tabloids of course." She answered, "But I'll be the one of many to admit that the day either one settles down I'll be filled with envy for that lucky woman whoever she may be."

A sharp pang hit my chest at her parting words. I didn't want the image of Ethan with a next woman in my head after all we had done. I knew that I had asked for one night and he gave that to me. Something I would hold dear forever but what had taken place between us was very special to me. Knowing that one day he would have an even deeper connection with a woman he loved left a bitter taste in my mouth as I went back to work.

As the hours ticked by my state of exhaustion worsened and the perverted middle aged man I was currently serving did nothing to improve my mood as he continued eyeing me making my skin crawl. Setting his coffee down he unexpectedly gripped my leg travelling his hands upwards. Grabbing the hot drink I splashed the steaming beverage onto his shirt as he yelped and immediately released me.

"You stupid worthless bitch!" He screamed grabbing everyone's attention as my boss rushed out his office with fury etched onto his face.

"Sir I apologize for what my employee has done." Mr. Dempsey rushed out, "I assure you she will be dealt with." He stated reassuringly to the slimy man as I stood frozen to the spot. I could not believe I had done.. Turning to me Mr. Dempsey wagged his fingers angrily as he raged out...

"You're fired....I want you out of my restaurant."

"No she's not." A familiar deep voice said from behind.

A shiver went through me as his voiced penetrated the silent air. Walking in from the entrance he commanded attention like the king that he was. All eyes were on him as he drew attention to himself. He was dressed in a grey suit with a white shirt and a black tie. He looked gorgeous and polished and filled with fine sophistication. His once messed up hair was now back in place neatly brushed and gelled. His honey brown eyes narrowed into slits at the two men who now stood as equally frozen as me. His pink lips tightened in anger sharpening his features as the muscle in his jaw ticked relentlessly. He looked completely infuriated. Coming to a stop beside me he glanced in my direction with an emotionless stare before he trained his look unto the two men.