Chapter 14

She wasn't sad anymore, she was numb, and numb, she knew, was somehow worse- Atticus

Katy's POV.

Congratulations.

The word kept on repeat in my head playing over and over like a broken record as I placed the last of my clothes into my suitcase. Leaving behind the dozens of designer wear that Ethan had insisted upon buying, I took only what I had come with.

I could no longer stay here as the melancholic air threatened to pull me under. Bile rose in my throat as suffocation consumed me. It had be almost two hours since that dreadful argument and the fast approaching third hour showed no sign of a return from Ethan. I always knew the day would come. A distinct feeling had a part of me for-seeing the outcome which was why during the past week I had made accommodations to stay for a bit with Anna. With no income, no job and no savings I was penniless. The first time I had ever had to depend on someone was Ethan and the position I was in at the moment guaranteed that I would never allow it to happen to me again. Taking the single suitcase down the stairs I looked around the magnificent suite one last time wiping away the stray tear that rolled down my cheek as I was prepared to leave. Grabbing my bag, the front door was suddenly pushed open as an emotionless Ethan strolled back in. Freezing me to the core with a look that chilled my bones we gazed at each other as I stood rooted to the spot. Looking into his once warm eyes, they now looked at me filled with distaste and opened hatred. A cynical smirk appeared to the corner of his beautiful mouth as his gaze swept down to the suitcase at my feet. Breaking the tension filled air he spoke first in a quiet serene tone. Not at all what I had expected.

"Are you sure that you are pregnant?"

Tears filled my eyes as I nodded and took in his pained reaction. He closed his eyes for a brief second before the despised look returned and something much similar to disappointment filled his golden specs.

"You really had me fooled." He continued saying in that maddening soft tone filled with irony as he stepped fully into the penthouse shutting the door behind him effectively blocking me from leaving as his hard body leant against it, "You used your virginity as a one way ticket to a high class lifestyle." He reproached.

"Eth..." I began through my tear clogged throat before his voice boomed throughout the quiet room.

"Enough!" He shouted making me flinch and as on instinct my hand rose protectively to my stomach.

He regarded the gesture as his pink mouth thinned into a line of irritation.

"Here the real joke comes in. I have a suggestion or an ultimatum, see it as you please. Firstly before I continue on are you keeping the child?" He asked.

Without hesitation I answered, "Of course."

A chilling smile ghosted his lips as he replied, "That's what I thought."

"Secondly..." He continued on, "Where were you going?"

Finding my voice I faced him squarely, "I have to leave Ethan."

"You were going to take the baby away from me?" He asked as his eyes mirrored his shock and....hurt?

"I can take care of this baby on my own." I stated fiercely as a surge of protective instincts suddenly consumed me.

"And how do you propose to do that? By living of a next man?" He stated mockingly.

Did he think I was going to another man?

Before I had time to explain he said icily, "How insensitive do you think I am Kathrine? Make no mistake I will be there every step of the way for my child and a marriage will ensure and solidify that I do. It is the mother I do not give a damn about."

"Marriage?" I questioned cutting him off as shock waves filled my system from his choice of words.

He was addressing this like one would discuss a business deal with their enemy. But that was all I was to him. A signed paper and rightful ownership.

"No child of mind would be bought up for less than he or she is worth and illegitimate Kathrine." He stated with clear despise, "But I can assure you or warn you as a matter of fact not to warm up to the status that my wife would entail. You and I are nothing. We may be sharing a child but nothing else. My lawyers would be taking care of that part. You are a cheap, vile woman with an innocent face. I will take each and any of my mistresses and flaunt them publicly. Maybe then you will understand your worth. If you dare run away..." He paused before fixing me with a seething stare that left me trembling, "Do not make me fight you for custody. I promise you I will track you down and sue you. You would never want to take the legal route with me and dare you attempt to take that baby and run." He warned in a sinister tone. 

I never thought I would ever be thankful that my heart was broken before because that meant I had nothing inside me left to break. Not even minuscule little pieces. It felt empty and hallow absorbing his words like a gunshot wound. His words left me winded and gasping for breath as no sound came out. Black dots filled my vision as my body swayed. My last sense left me inhaling Ethan's cologne as my world went completely black.

A/N: My heart absolutely breaks for Katy. Stay tuned folks.....Is Hart really that heartless? Vote...comment and tell me your views. I love hearing feedback. Be kind to others and yourselves and lastly make sure to check out my other books 'The Billionaire's Match' 'The Billionaire's Arranged Wife' and 'The Billionaire's Christmas Revenge' Till the next chap my loves...

xoxoxo...Allison :)