Chapter 17

"She is water. Powerful enough to drown you, soft enough to cleanse you, deep enough to save you"- Adrian Michael.

Katy's POV.

The ride back to the penthouse was relatively calmer. Lost in our own thoughts our minds drifted away as the pouring rain beat against the window. Stepping into the suite was a much different matter. The peaceful aura vanished and tension gripped the atmosphere around us. Despite that I refused to let anything get in the way of my current happiness. Making my way pass Ethan his hand shot out and gripped me around the waist pulling me flush against his hard body. Our eyes locked as his free hand caressed my spine softening my body towards him. An involuntary shiver raked through my body from the light soothing touch which was the opposite from the expression of his face. He mirrored a wild animal that was about to strike but this time I prepared myself for the onslaught that was to come.

"I am the father of that baby Kathrine." He said softly, "And I intend to be the only one."

Confusion masked my face as I replied to him tampering down my fury, "You made that clear already."

"I'm honored you understood." He stated dryly still holding onto me as the muscle in his lower jaw ticked, "But yet you enjoyed flirting in front my face."

"What are you talking about?" I demanded as I reeled back looking at his honey brown eyes in confusion as they glared down at me.

"Don't be dense Katy!" He snapped at me, "You purposefully tried to make me jealous. You kept giggling like a schoolgirl and didn't question dropping your knickers for that man. Is that what you like? Or are you forgetting my rules? Why did you correct him when he said we were married?"

Slowly inhaling for a few seconds I took a moment before responding to his absurd questions.

"I am not dense Ethan but forgive me I may be starting to believe you are. Jealous? Like you said there's nothing between us anymore other than this baby so why would I ever try to evoke any emotion within you. Giggled? The doctor was good humored. Maybe you should try it. 'That man' is our doctor and he would respectfully deliver our baby unless you may have some hidden experience in the arts of Gynecology. Drop my knickers? How else were we supposed to see the baby? As for your rules, rest assured they'll forever be embedded into my memory and as for the last part, we are not presently married Ethan." I finished of calmly, "I know that you are having a difficult time processing this news but for one second I am begging you to stop acting like the child you will soon be having and stop making this process all the much harder for me."

I felt as if a huge weight was lifted off my chest but I could not stop as I found the courage and continued on. Tugging out of his hold I glared at him before sharing my opinion on matters that I have kept at bay, "You told me to be an adult. I am. You are the one who came home in the early hours of the morning battered and bruised having no idea where and how you were. You were so drunk you could have barely walked. You are the one that showed up to see our baby for the first time nursing a hell of a hangover and swollen face. You are the one acting like you don't give a damn but for goodness sake Ethan take a moment and consider everything. You may want this baby as an heir to your empire but I want this baby because he or she is the only family I have and the only one I will ever have. You accused me of quite a number of things that I can assure you are totally falsified but it's high time you take a moment and look at yourself."

With nothing else to say I stormed pass him, this time he let me go as I paused on the staircase glancing back at his unmoving form as he looked at me with an indecipherable face, "I badly want this baby Ethan." I said on a choked voice as silent tears poured down my face, "I will never forgive you if anything happens to my child."