Chapter 4

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey readers! Chapter 4 is finally here! I'm sorry it took so long. I got sidetracked watching Game of Thrones. I finally decided to start watching it, and I'm up to season five. IT IS SO GREAT!!! Anyway, this chapter, we get to see Enna hold her own a bit, and she meets up with some old members of Jack's crew. :) We also meet a friend of Enna's, who has given her every tattoo she has. Anyway, i tried for 3000 words, and went a bit overboard. Lol but its all for you guys! PLEASE continue to vote and comment! It encourages me to keep on writing for you guys, and the more encouraged I am, the faster i get more chappies done! YAY!!! XD ENJOY!!! this chapter is dedicated to xd3m0nxgurlx thanks for the votes, comments, and hugs! 

***************************************************************************************

Enna's POV

I grip the wooden table I lay on, struggling not to wiggle too much as the needle pierces my skin over and over again. The sound of the drill makes me grind my teeth in irritation. "This is worse than I remember," I grind out over the sound of the drill. Sephora chuckles, and I get a slight reprieve from the needle piercing my back.

"You're the one who asked for it, missy. Besides, this one is about twenty times the size of your other ones." The drill starts up again, and I brace for the ink-coated needle. "Does your dad know what this tattoo is?"

"No. I wanted it to be a surprise. You don't think he'll be mad, do you?" I'm suddenly worried. Usually, I have to get my father's okay on a new tattoo.

"Are you kidding? He'll be thrilled that you're wanting to visibly connect yourself to him this way, with his Sparrow sigil." She pauses briefly. "He could be a little less thrilled about the fact that it's in prime tramp stamp location, but..." I knee her in the side with the knee closest to her and she laughs. "This makes your third, now?"

"Yeah. I've got the anchor on my right ankle and the ship on my upper left inner elbow. Now this one. I want to get another behind my right ear, but I'm not sure what of yet." The needle on the tattoo gun keeps piercing my lower back. "Are you almost done? I've been on this table for almost two hours." Sephora laughs, and keeps spearing me, but answers.

"Almost done, Enna. Just touching up now. You should be out of here in half an hour and the most." I nod my head, and bring my hands up to rest my chin on them. "So what do you think your dad's surprise is going to be?"

"Not sure. He seemed really excited, whatever it is. I'm sure I'll like it," I say with a shrug.

"I know he's sad you're leaving." I shift uncomfortably. I didn't need anything else reminding me on that score. I have felt so guilty ever since that day I first told him I wanted something different. "But don't feel guilty, Enna. This is what your heart is urging you to do, so do it. One day, your heart will bring you back, if only to see us for a while. You should never be made to feel guilty for following your heart. No matter the circumstances." I feel her hand rest gently on my shoulder, and I smile at her, though she can't see it, as she is behind me to an extent. "So what do you plan to do?"

"I'm not sure. Follow wherever life takes me. Go with the flow, and follow the wind, that sort of thing. You know me, Seph."

"I know you're used to doing whatever your father does. You haven't really been on your own before, Enn. You lived with your mom until she died, then your dad came and took you aboard his ship. And you've been on that same ship for eight years."

"I know. But I can't not do this, Seph. And my father won't stay on land for longer than is necessary. You know that. Besides, I'm sure I won't be alone for long once I reach the Isle of the Lost."

"But what is on the Isle that you want, Enn?"

"I'm not sure. All I know is that my heart, and the compass are leading me there. Whether it's a tangible object, a friendship, a fight, or a new life. Whatever it is, it will be the adventure of a lifetime. I'm sure of that much." The whirring of the tattoo gun stops, and Sephora sets the gun down on a barrel beside her.