Last Day

Being the last seconds of school you would think I would be happy, excited and jumping all around but no. I walked through the hallways that day with no smile seen on my face. You might ask "why?" well this is the last day of my life in Arizona. Last day of seeing all the friends I have worked all year to earn. I am moving to California to live with my mom, my dad isn't all that great I refuse to live with him anymore. My dad gets drunk every night I have to wait up for him but sometimes he never comes home. To be completely honest with you I dont want to leave him alone but sometimes he will come home and get mad. He spills all of his drinks all over the carpet and yells at me to clean them up. I stay up for 5 hours trying to clean up the mess he makes, so my mom told me to move in with her and I decided to tell her sure this time. I wish it wasnt the last day but I know it has to be like this. "Hey kameron" One of my best friends says to me "Hi kay" "Im going to miss you" she says I can see the tears start to form in her eyes "Kay dont cry I can always visit you" I wipe the tears from her eyes "Ill miss you to" One of my other friends say "Derek ill miss you to"  I pull them both in for a hug as we stand in the middle of the airport. The attendant calls for flight 190 and teardrops begin to fall from all of our eyes. I pull away from the hug and put my bag on my back and pull my suitcase I wave goodbye and wipe my tears from my eyes "It will be ok kam" my mom whispers in my ear putting her arm around me. We start walking I look back to see both Derek and Kayleigh in tears. I turn forward as we start to walk into the tunnel to get on the plane. We step onto the plane and go to our seats. I look out the window and start to feel the tears start to roll faster down my face. The voice over the speaker starts to say something but I was to tired to hear what he was saying. I put my headphones in and start playing music and start to doze off. I wake up to my mom telling us we have landed I start getting my bag on my shoulder and standing up. We start to walk off the plane. I never thought I could sleep on a plane for that long. We walk through the tunnel again and  walk through the airport and I get my suitcases and walk outside. I look around California is beautiful I think now my favorite thing is palm trees. We get a cab and she tells the driver the address to her house. I decide to get out my phone and text Derek and Kayleigh. "Hey I have landed we are on our way to the house" I attach a picture of the palm trees and send it. After 10 minutes we arrive I get out of the cab at a huge house with a pool in the back. I stand there with my jaw dropped and start to stare at this huge house. My mom gives the cab driver the money and she gets my suitcases and starts to roll them up to me. "Hey honey you might want to close your mouth there are flys everywhere" she says while we laugh together. I start to walk up the side walk and we walk inside. She starts to show me everything and we get to a huge room upstairs "This is your room" she starts to smile I walk in and start to look at everything. "Whats in here?" I say pointing to the huge doors "That's your closet" she says opening it. It was a walk in closet and she had already had clothes all in it. I was so shocked I didn't know what to say. "Im going to let you unpack and ill be downstairs" she says walking out of the room. I nod and walk in my closet I start looking at the clothes. One part of my closet was girly stuff like dresses, jewelry, heals, and purses. Which I hate that stuff but on the other side is band t shirts, ripped jeans, vans, converse, and all of that stuff. My mom knows me so well.