Chapter 3: Skate again...

As I stood there at the edge of the indoor ice rink I ignored the nervous feeling that bubbled up in my stomach. I skated as a passion but recently I posted videos of myself in a You-Tuber fashion. This time I had to stop myself from crying as flashbacks once again racked my mind as my body trembled. When I was finally stable for the most part I carefully pushed myself onto the ice and I glided til I lost momentum. Closing my eyes I let the cold air seep into my skin...it made me think of home in America. I haven't skated in about 5 months so I was a bit shaky but I convinced myself that I would preform tonight with the rest of the Italian ladies skaters. I was going to give it my all and I skated my best, I knew I was going to be rusty but with luck I could do it. I had to win this competition in order to prove that I was back, and I was back for good.

~Time skip 4 hours~

            I stood there in my ice skating outfit (red one above) and nervously I stood there knowing my coach in America would be watching me live thanks to the local TV station

            I stood there in my ice skating outfit (red one above) and nervously I stood there knowing my coach in America would be watching me live thanks to the local TV station. I was skating to show that I was officially back in figure skating and there was no doubt about it as the announcer called my name. I skated into the center of the rink and I took a deep breath, I waited till the short program music to play and then I began to skate. (Please watch the whole thing!)

            Once I had finished my short program, I did my free skate program and loved the music. I did my thing and then skated off the ice to the waiting booth when they would announce my score and my reaction on live TV. I sat there slipping on my jacket trying to warm myself up but adrenaline pulsing through my veins made my heart beat rapidly trying to calculate my score under the best circumstances. 'Was my turns sharp enough' I thought and the more I sat waiting the more I questioned myself and my abilities. By surprise I glanced at the score board and I gasped letting relief and happiness flood through my veins, I had claimed first place with a 221.12 as my total score.

            I then sat next to the other girls whom went before me, I watched the next girl whom was from the southern part of Italy. Her choreography was good but she couldn't get the height on the jumps and trying to do a Triple axles she fell. Knowing that she'd have points deducted from her final score made me pity her a little. I watched her strike her finishing pose and could tell she was upset with herself, when she got her score she got 47.24 as her free skate program score and her final score combined was 120.58. She didn't make the cut this season but I knew she could do it next year if she could land her jumps and feel the music. So when the medals were awarded I called her on the rink and whispered in her ear, "Feel the music, nail your jumps, and keep a song in your heart and you'll become unstoppable." She looked at me with big eyes and I just smiled waving to the camera.

            I left the rink and then 2 hours later I came back to the same rink where I was the only one there. Taking off my skate guards and lacing my skates once more I slid onto the ice with grace, I skated to a lullaby my mother used to sing to me. Once I finished with a sticking pose I stood still and smiled cheering that I was going to make my family proud of me. I heard clapping and I whipped around and looked straight into a pair of ocean blue eyes, and the only word I could utter before I tripped over my own feet falling onto the hard ice, "Alfie..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

❤ooh I know I'm such a bad person making you wait till the story really begins but I want y'all to have something to read! Ttyl! Love ya! ❤

((I do not own any of the pictures provided here!))