Chapter 4: Catching up

Hearing another pair of ice skates on the ice snapped me out of my trance. A extended hand came into my line of sight and I tracked the hand to a face, Alfred. He smiled and me and I took his hand, bracing himself he helped me to my feet. I looked at him and it was as though he had shocked me because I let go of his hand leaving him there pouting. I hid my smile behind my hand and I said, "Nice to see you again Alfie." He looked at me taking in my physical changes of my body as did I.

I had become curvier, I was not a model but I had gained muscle mass, as did Alfred along with some long needed chub of some sorts. My height changed drastically from three feet to my final height leaving me standing tall and proud at 5'8" (1.76 m?), meaning I was only about one to two inches difference between Alfred and I. My glasses were replaced with contact lenses so I could skate without running into the barrier of the ice rink, however Alfred also got glasses that suited his face well. His blue eyes seemed to sparkle looking at me holding the same childishness they held years (centuries) before.

Alfred skated forward and hugged me tight as if I'd disappear into thin air. Giggling slightly I said, "Alfred...it's okay I'm here." Pulling away he looked at me with with piercing ocean eyes swimming with sadness and relief as he shook his head, his grip on my wrists tightened a little. "I-I thought you d-drowned...a-and I-I-I couldn't-" He stammered a reply but his breath caught in his throat before he could continue. Everything made sense now, why he was so happy to see me and acting as if I'd disappear because he didn't see that man with the strange curls pull me from the harbor. He thought I had drown, that it was his fault, and he didn't save me.

Lifting his fallen chin with my right hand I looked into his eyes, "Hey, Alfie it was not your fault. I should've been more careful around the docks. I was pulled out of the water and my mother died not long after leaving my dad to move from country to country with me trying to find a place to put down roots other than Italy since it reminded us of-" Now it was my turn to choke on my words as memories of my deceased mother clouded my mind, tears knocking on my eyes wanting to open the door to the world. This time I felt myself being comforted by a strong grip of strong arms, I smiled letting the tears fall for the first time in years.

Pulling away and drying my eyes I sniffled and asked, "Alfie what are you doing in Italy? And in a hard-to-find ice rink of all places..." He laughed his obnoxious laugh that I missed dearly and he said, "Dudette I was looking for some friends of mine! Have you seen any Italians running around shouting about pasta?" I face palmed laughing saying, "Yes Alfie I've seen numerous Italians running around shouting about pasta." He laughed nervously rubbing the back of his neck, before cracking a smile before asking, "Do you skate?" I groaned slapping my forehead replying with sarcasm laced in my every word, "No that's why I'm in the middle of a freezing ice rink with ice skate on my feet." We then looked at each other laughing  before he asked, "Can we skate...together...?" I looked at him and jokingly said, "Sure Alfie..." "YES!" He cried picking me up spinning me around as he skated. He then carefully set me down on the ice and I skated next to him as we made small talk and got caught up on our lives.

My brow furrowed as a thought lingered in my mind, "Alfred...how did you get this good at figure skating?" He stopped suddenly making the ice spray because of the sudden movement or lack there of. He turned and looked at me with his big smile saying, "I watched my brother." I shook my head and continued to skate making a routine with my best friend and decided that we would preform at the same time tomorrow. Before he left though he gave me his number and a big hug and turned to leave but not before whispering to me, "Stay safe...angel." When I heard the door to the rink close, I let a giddy smile grace my features as I placed my skates in my bag, slung it over my shoulder, and then proceeded to walk out the door myself but not before whispering to no one particular, "If I'm an angel then you are a hero." Little did Alfred or I notice but a certain Canadian saw our whole encounter and was smiling to himself before he too said in a whisper that no one could hear, "Alfred's right...you are an angel...and queen of the ice." Then he stood from his sitting place at the top of the bleachers (?) and made his way out of the rink and into the Italian night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

❤Long time no see! Guess who's back!? Me! (Lol) I finally had some motivation to write another chapter for y'all, so here it is. No Yuri on Ice yet, but in do time y'all will get your Yuri on Ice in here! 😉 Love you guys! Take care and stay safe!❤