Chapter 16

"I thought you guys said it was safe at the Capital!" Simmons exclaimed.

"I never thought that they'd be so bold! They'd take too many casualties!" Doyle responded.

"I guess they don't care how many people they lose." I conclude.

"Once they have the sword, it won't matter." Wash adds.

Sarge loads his Shotgun. "Then sounds like we gotta make sure they lose all their men!"

Doc/O'Malley laughs. "Yes! Forget the counseling session, bring on the bloodbath!" He continues to laugh evilly which kinda freaks me out just a tad.

"Let's get out there and stick it to'em gang!" Donut says.

"Hold up."

Everyone turns to Church. "um, I got a better idea, but.. you're probably not going to like it."

"Can't be much worse that the current one." Grif mutters.

"It's like Kimball said, the Capital is a death trap, but not for us."

~~~

Chorus
Armonia - Underground Maintenance Tunnels

"We made it to the Armory." Simmons reported.

"Good. There should be a Pelican docked in the garage. Load as many supplies as you can then get Tucker and Doyle out of the city." Carolina ordered. "We'll take care of the reactor's manual overload."

"Be ready to come pick us up once you're done." Wash adds.

"Are you sure there is no other way? Armonia is our home!" Doyle exclaimed.

"We'll build a new one. Right now, you need to focus on staying alive." Kimball insisted.

"We should keep moving." I suggest.

"How much father?" Carolina asked Church.

Church appears and says, "It's going to be a while. The tunnels wind all over the place." He disappears one Carolina starts moving.

She sighs. "Well, at least they keep us off the streets and out of trouble."

"I wouldn't be so sure."

Wash, Kimball, and I quickly move to Carolina's side with our guns raised. It was Sharkface. He raised his hard-light shield and smirked, "Uh-uh... I don't think so."

Church appears again. "I really, really hate this guy."

"We don't have time for this." Wash points out.

"Don't worry. I'm the one he wants." She looks at Sharkface. "If I stay, will you let them go?"

"Huh deal." He puts away his shield and we lower our guns. "But once you're dead, I'm coming after you, Washington. And then you Alaska."

Wash looks over at Carolina. "Please kill him."

"You sure you'll be alright?" Kimball asks.

"Yes. I'm sure." Carolina says confidently.

Kimball, Wash, and I head out to find the reactor room. Only problem..

"The GPS isn't working down here." Beta says. "There's too many buildings getting in the way of the signal. "

"Great." Kimball says annoyed. "Now we are lost."

"We just have to winged it." I say.

"Wash, please tell me you guys are done with the reactor." Tucker radios a few minutes later.