I kissed Dean

The next few hours were quiet. Very quiet.

Dean barely said anything to you, preferring to spend his time at the mini bar in the bunker, and Sam had locked himself in his room. You were angry and upset at the fact that (y/bfn) had been taken- heck, she was your best friend since the start of high school!- but Sam took it to a whole new level. He had only reunited with her for a couple of hours and was already... What was he doing in his room?

And so, it was up to you to clean up, which, despite you normally hating the job, was quite a relief for you. It meant you had time to think to yourself, and nobody would see or hear you occasionally scream in fury and frustration. Although, there wasn't much to clear, since the bodies of the Elementals, or whatever the Smurf guy called his kind, had slowly faded away. Despite the convenience (you weren't exactly willing to hoist a couple of dead bodies outside and burn them), it was quite annoying.

The Elementals seemed to affect the place around you in some way. The two with shining white eyes had literally disappeared into thin air, leaving a heavy stench, and the pair with blue eyes left a small puddle of water where they lay.

The most problematic ones, however, were the ones with green and red eyes. The green-eyed Elemental charmingly decomposed into a pile of soil which left a stain that could not be cleaned, and that frustrated you.

As for the red-eyed woman, she had burned into ashes, leaving soot everywhere. A while ago, you had an encounter with some of the flames when attempting to clear up the ash, and your favourite tee now had a burn mark on the sleeve. Thankfully, you managed to put them out.

That was six in total. Six dead. Six killed.

Although you knew that they were monsters that wouldn't have hesitated to kill Sam, Dean, and (y/bfn), the memories of shooting them were still freshly engraved into your mind, as painful as a new scar. You had never killed before. You didn't even know how you hit them all.

Then, a thought popped into your mind: what if (y/bfn) had already been murdered? You felt your body shiver with cold dread, and you pushed the horrible idea to the back of your mind. She couldn't be dead. She was too strong.

Once you had finished clearing up, you left the dungeon as quickly as possible, not wanting to stay any longer in there. The more you thought about (y/bfn) and how easily you let her go, the more you hated that place.

You ended up finding yourself outside Dean's room. The door was closed.

Without thinking, you knocked on the door, finally having the urge to talk to someone, anyone. You felt your breath catch in your mouth as the door unlocked, and you found yourself looking into a pair of green eyes. Not a glowing green, like the Elemental you killed, but a soft green. A green that could only be Dean's.

You regarded each other for a couple of moments, a million silent messages transferring from him to you and vice versa, before Dean gave a small sigh and stepped aside, giving you room to come in. You stepped inside almost immediately, and perched on the edge of his bed.

Dean closed the door and sat next to you, chewing on the inside of his cheek. "I never should have let her come with us." He blurted out. "It's all my fault. I'm so sorry." His eyes were slightly puffy. Had he been crying? No, your Dean never cried. Right?

You gave him a shocked look. "Dean, this is not your fault! She was bound to return to this life sooner or later, anyway."

He nodded, but he didn't seem convinced.

You bit your lip and hesitantly took his hand, giving it a gentle yet reassuring squeeze. At least, you hoped it was reassuring.

Dean gave you a small and brief smile. "You know, you never told me where you learned those moves from."

You cast your gaze downwards and shrugged. "I don't know. They just appeared. Beginner's luck, maybe."

Dean quirked a brow. "You shot six people- well, Elementals, accurately in quick succession. That's no beginner's luck, (y/n)."

Your mouth suddenly felt very dry. "It has to be, there's no other explanation."

Dean gave you a single nod. "Maybe."

"Maybe."

You closed your eyes as you and Dean sat in silence, not letting go of each other's hand. For some reason, you felt stronger when you were with Dean. Like nothing could harm you.

You just wished that you could make sure that nothing could harm (y/bfn) right now.

A sudden gentle pressure on your lips made your eyes snap open, and then widen. It was Dean.

And he was kissing you.

You pulled away in shock, leaving a hurt-looking Dean sitting with an embarrassed blush on his cheeks. "What the...?" You mumbled in disbelief, trailing a finger over your lips. Where his lips had been.

Dean ran a hand through his hair. "(y/n) I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me, I just- I'm sorry. I'll leave."

You blinked at him, your heart feeling like it was going to explode any second now. "This is your own room, idiot."

Dean frowned and opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by you connecting your mouth with his. After a brief moment's surprise, Dean wrapped his arms around your waist and enthusiastically returned the kiss.

Damn, he was a great kisser.