what are you doing?

It took a couple of minutes for Dean and Sam to tell Castiel what happened. You joined in at some points to correct the boys whenever they got something wrong. You and Sam both went silent, however, when you reached the part where Malak got taken. Thus, Dean had to tell the rest- you were thankful that he left out the part in his bedroom.

You had a feeling that Cas already knew exactly what had taken place, but he was silent as he listened to the story. You had begun to warm up to him, but you were still slightly intimidated by him.

Well, he was a freaking angel for goodness' sake! Who wouldn't be intimidated?

"So," Dean concluded. "We have a shit load of questions we need you to answer."

Castiel nodded. "Human brains always need answers..." He commented, before continuing. "Many millennia ago, the Great Mother ruled over the Earth. Thankfully, humanity was very primitive, so not much of the Great Mother's existence is recorded, except for her name, seal and a few of her creations."

"That's why I could barely find anything about her..." Sam speculated.

"Correct," Castiel said. "She brought chaos wherever she went, destroying anything that she saw. God didn't like that. There was a long war, with even Lucifer helping indirectly- she was killing his demons who roamed the Earth- and eventually, she was defeated."

Dean nodded slowly, taking a left turn at a random sideroad. "She sounds like a barrel of laughs. Where is she now?"

"Limbo." Castiel said, in a tone that made it sound like he expected you to know exactly what that was.

"Uh, Purgatory?" Sam took the words right out of your mouth.

Castiel face-palmed. "Of course, how could I forget. Humanity has no idea."

"Hey, angel-dude, just tell us." You huffed, getting impatient.

Castiel stared at you. "Just like Rosa Parks. I knew her. She was quite- what's the word? Sassy?"

"You knew Rosa Parks...?" You frowned. "Oh, wait, you're an immortal being. Of course you knew her."

Castiel ignored your comment. "Gibbeting is the deepest, darkest place known to Heaven, set in the border between Hell and Purgatory. That's all you need to know."

You saw Dean flinch- only slightly, but it was enough to make you question whether you knew as much about Dean's past as you thought you did. You wanted to reach out and take his hand, but both of his were gripping tightly to the steering wheel.

The angel continued to speak. "However, every lock needs a key." You felt everyone's eyes turn to you, and you started to feel very uncomfortable. "And so, God created the Key. It was not a physical item, but rather a spirit whose purity had the power to leash the greatest evil- or unleash it."

There was a heavy silence as Castiel waited for this new information to sink in.

"No pressure, then." Dean joked, breaking the ice. However, he had a worried look in his eye and you knew he was just trying to make you feel better. You smiled at him, and hoped you looked stronger than you felt.

He turned left again.

"One thing you may not know about the Key," Castiel gave you a small smile. "Is that it has manifested through different people over the centuries. Each vessel afterwards gains some of the abilities of the previous ones, getting weaker with each generation. Rosa Parks was one, as I said-"

"I thought you were just comparing me to her!" You stared at him, wide-eyed. If what Cas was hinting was the truth... Then you shared some abilities with Rosa Freaking Parks!

Castiel smirked, amused. "No, not at all. Also, Leonardo Da Vinci, Abraham Lincoln, Helen of Troy-"

"Explains why you're so pretty." Dean cut in, giving you a shy smile through the rear-view mirror.

You blushed, and Sam gave you a questioning look. You shook your head, giving him an I'll tell you later look. He shrugged, and turned to look at the road.

"I do not enjoy being interrupted." Castiel said quietly.

You and Dean exchanged glances through the mirror. "Sorry," you said simultaneously.

"So, uh..." You began to say, mind flashing back to when Cas mentioned Leonardo Da Vinci. "I did get an A* in Art..."

Castiel blinked at you, not understanding what you meant. "Uh, indeed."

You spent the next few hours planning and protesting and just generally falling asleep. A hand touches your shoulder making you shudder, and, impulsively, you flail a punch the poor soul that had the misfortune of waking you up. Muhammad Ali must've been one of the Keys.

"Ow, what the-!" You heard the voice of Dean yelp, and you feel a rush of sudden guilt build up inside. You let out a sheepish laugh.

"Oh, uh... Sorry, Dean's Nose." You apologise, giggling again at the comment.

Dean, who is pinching the bridge of his nose, rolls his eyes and gives you a small smile.

"Excuse me, but why are you apologising to my nose?" He asked incredulously, his voice sounding a bit funny. "You should be apologising to me!"

"But, Dean... Your nose is on your face, therefore it's you!" You reasoned, more relaxed now that Dean wasn't angry.

You both laugh, and you sense Dean about to pull you in for a kiss, but you were interrupted by everyone's favourite Angel.

Castiel comes running in making you two distant.

"What is it Cas!" Dean says angrily looking at Cas who yet again interrupted their moment.

"We have a lead on (y/bfn) and the Elementals." As soon as Cas said this your face lit up with excitement and before Dean could say anything you interrupt edge, him making a das for the door.

"Well, what are we waiting for, let's go!"

They all hopped into Dean's 'temporary car', Sam managed to get driver seat again. Dean couldn't get the hang of opposite sides.
"Right when we get there all hell is gunna break loose. Here (y/n), you'll need this." Dean explained handing her a gun, you took it and it felt so good in your hands.

"Why?" You felt like asking.

"In that gun is 6 silver bullets only enough for one of the Elementals so dont go trying to kill all of them." Dean added, you nodded understanding. The road was very quiet and awkward, only Cas knew where they were going.

"Deannn." You moaned.

"Yes?"

"I need a toilet!"

"Seriously. Now?" Sam looked at you hopelessly.

"Seriously. Yes!"

"I will never understand why humans need to empty their bladder all the time. I mean it was annoying." Castiel made the car even more silent while on the way to a garage (uk verion of gas station). What they didn't know was that you had your own plan on getting (y/bfn) back. Without including the boys you didn't want anyone getting hurt because of you.

When they arrived they all waited in the car for you. You quickly went thru the back hoping none of the boys saw you and shouted. "COME AND GET ME ELEMENTALS!!" Little did you know the boys had heard you and so did the Elementals.

"What the hell is she doing?!" Dean shouted quickly racing out of the car to go shut you up. But you was gone by the time he arrived. They looked around furiously for you but all that remained was your phone, Dean picked it up holding against his chest thinking of how could this have happened.