Endless chatter

Neither Sam nor Dean would say anything that made sense to you as Dean drove away from the bunker. You had a lot of questions that you wanted to be answered before, but this just added to the infinite list. You were a naturally curious person, but now you were struggling to hold your tongue.

At last, Dean said something that you could understand: "I thought the bunker was supposed to be warded against everything evil?"

Sam bit his lip. "I thought so, too. But I guess the Men of Letters didn't really class Elementals as evil."

His brother didn't reply, for he was concentrating on the road ahead.

You seized the chance to ask a question. "Why not?"

Sam glanced at you. "Because they haven't really been a problem. In fact, they were quite helpful before the... Incident we had. I presume the elders of each element rallied them up or something."

"Oh. Right. But why?"

San sighed through his nose, clearly getting annoyed. "If I knew, I'd tell you."

"Sorry." You apologized sheepishly.

"Hey, dude, lay off her. I know you're stressed, but the girl's currently going through a lot more than you are, okay?" Dean scolded his brother, much to your surprise.

Sam's mouth twitched, and, not saying anything, he stared out of the window.

Then, you felt a rush of air next to you, which was weird, since the window wasn't open. You turned to look at the source of the breeze, and almost jumped out of your skin when you saw what it was. Or rather, who it was.

A man in a beige trenchcoat was sitting in the once empty seat next to you. He had baby blue eyes that looked older than his age, which was about thirty. Or at least, you thought he was.

"Hello, Dean, Sam." The man said in a low voice, making the brothers jump and causing Dean to swerve dangerously before controlling the Mini once more. He then looked at you, and you felt his eyes pierce into your soul. "And I presume you are (y/n)."

You nodded, unsure what to say. Was this guy Dean's friend? Or was he one of the bad guys? You didn't know, but you kept your hand hovering over the gun in your bag just in case.

"Cas!" Dean exclaimed, his eyes sparkling with hope as he looked at the man- Cas. He had a smile growing on his face.

Sam turned around to look at Cas, too. He seemed a bit less happy to see him, but relieved all the same. "Hey, there." He nodded at him in greeting.

You relaxed, sure now that the stranger was a friend. But the name, Cas... And the trenchcoat... He sounded like...

"Castiel?" You frowned, and the man's gaze turned to you, an impressed look on his face. "This guy is your guardian angel?"

"Uh-huh." Dean confirmed.

San nodded. "As you may have guessed, we call him Cas."

"And this is the Key," Castiel said matter-of-factly. "You have done well in bringing her."

"Yeah, whatever." Dean dismissed Castiel's sort-of-compliment. "That's not important. We've got a lot to tell you."