Everybody - Chapter three

// Heyo! I've decided to post these every Monday (maybe).

I'll also be adding little "so and so's point of view/pov" to these things since it may be confusing at times.

Thanks, and stay tuned! \\

"... 'Maleficent creatures that lure their prey into the depths of the ocean using their beautiful singing voices, charm, and tools of seduction,' It says here that, uh, 'Many people believe they are the prime reason of countless disappearances along the coasts. Most who fall victim to these beasts are the lonely kind, or perhaps even those who long for another. That being said, never follow a song by midnight,' Now, I'm not the superstitious type, but this is awfully suspicious; and not so great for press. Anyway, here's The Weather with new single, Carlos."

-

TORD's POV

-

I couldn't stop thinking about him.

He was on my mind at every waking moment. His luxurious, damp, red, hair, his flirtatious grin, the way his eyes did this sweet little crease-thing when he smiled. I was infatuated. Obsessed.

The very aspect of him was impossible not to adore; and I hated it.

How could I be so far gone with some fish-human hybrid that shouldn't exist in the first place? I had only met him once, briefly, and yet he had infiltrated my thoughts entirely. He filled up every little crack and crevice in my head, pouring his mere existence up inside my mind, until it sat, just barely, on the brink of collapse. His very essence was at the tip of my tongue.

Paul sauntered out from the back room, fish guts all over his apron, hands, and even some on his face. I was immediately ripped from my Matt trance, and my face wrinkled in disgust. The stench that surrounded him, and the entire shop, was nauseating. That very smell lingered in the air, amplified by the crashing waves of high tide, and everything that came with it.

"Tord!" He bellowed, as always, "Are you gonna be there or not?"

"Where?" I rubbed my temples.

Paul huffed, but grinned widely, "To my wedding! I've been talking about this for months. Are you really that slow?"

"Ah," I leaned back abruptly in the chair, causing it to squeal, "Yeah, I keep forgetting to check my schedule."

"You'd better not be blowing me off."

"Pff, I'll be there!" I smirked, avoiding his eyes.

"You'd better," He punched my shoulder. A bit of fish guts got on my jacket.

"Dude," I scoffed, "disgusting."

He continued to wipe more fish guts on my jacket, and to that, I yelled, pushing him away.