In Tongues - Chapter ten

// in tongues so good im die fghjkfdghd jojis some good stuff-e-doo

also idk when i update this anymore just here u go

ily\\

TOM POV

"Please just let me explain," Edd's voice came from behind me. The door to the house shut with a bang, causing him to jump a little. I didn't flinch.

"No," I started, "You don't get to explain. Not when you lied, blamed your guilt on me, and ran off with him."

"I didn't run off with him!" Edd replied, disgust eminent in his tone, "I wanted to help him."

"With what? Being a manwhore?" I spat back.

"It's a lot more serious than that."

"Then tell me."

"I, well," He struggled to find words, "I don't know if I can."

"Tell. Me," I got closer to him, peering down deep into his hazel eyes. They held my gaze with the same intensity and depth, maybe even more, and searched for answers in my void. He once told me it was beautiful- the infinite darkness in my hollow eyes. I only saw emptiness. But, somehow, he saw more. I winced.

"He's.. Super gay and doesn't know how to come out. I've been helping him."

"And you're doing that by letting him take you to lunch and holding your hand?"

Edd's false composure fled as he snapped, "He was looking at the burn. Apparently, it's poorly bandaged."

"So this is my fault now?"

He stumbled over himself, leaping to another topic, "Why were you closing early, anyway? Shouldn't we be getting money to pay off the house and not be poor?"

He'd practically set the stage.

"Do you really, genuinely, want to know why?"

"Did I stutter?" It was his turn to get closer; we were inches from each other. He stared up at me, eyes burning.

Without speaking, I reached into my pocket, pulling out a small, black, box. With a click, it opened, and Edd's face paled.

Sitting there, in the box's white interior, was a silver, glittering, ring.

"I was buying you this," I said, removing it from the box, "But I guess, now, I won't need it anymore."

I tossed it at his feet. He immediately dove to get it, and as he did, I brushed by him; opening the door, and slamming it shut.