Jealousy - Chapter four

// Heyo! Quick warning: Things start picking up here. It gets edgy. Really... Really... Edgy. Or! Should I say Eddgy?

Gosh, I'm hilarious. Terrible. Hilarious. Same thing, right?

I'm so sorry you had to read that I wrote this little 'welcome back!' thing here at like 3 AM

stay tuned tho\\

EDD's POV

-

I watched Tom and Tord's painfully awkward exchange from my safe, comfy, grill behind the counter. As soon as the pounds and fish had been traded, Tom wasted no time, abruptly turning from Tord, and hurrying back to the kitchen. And.. Tord lingered. Of course. He always did.

Tom swung the door open to the kitchen just as Tord shuffled out of the diner, and stormed over to me and my precious grill.

"I got the fish," He mumbled. I smiled warmly, gently placing a hand on his cheek, and rubbing my fingers across his somewhat moisturized skin. His eyes flickered up to mine, their infinite emptiness strikingly vivid; vivid, that is, to no one but me. They held a certain vibrant liveliness, something that you couldn't just notice at first glance. They were a secret kind of gorgeous.

"You good, my lovey-dovey, cuddle-bear, Tom-Tom?" I purred, sliding another hand onto his chest.

"I'm," He pulled my hand from his cheek, "fine." I frowned, and let my hands fall to my sides.

"What's wrong?" My voice had went from flirtatious to deeply worried in what seemed like a split second. That was another thing about Tom. He had, not just, the immense, complicated, beauty he displayed, but also the overwhelming mysteries that floated around him.

"It's nothing, I just," He paused, that same complexity shimmering in his hollow eyes, "...Do you like Tord?"

I scoffed, grinning, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"If you got the chance, to, you know, sleep with him, would you?"

"Woah, Tom," I put my hands up in defense, "Why would you think that?"

"I don't know. I'm just.. paranoid. I think," He shrugged, nonchalantly.

"Well, now we're on the subject, would you?"

"What?"

"You guys used to be super close," I said, actively avoiding his eyes, "Then, one day, your dynamic just changed out of nowhere. What happened?"

"Nothing. Nothing changed."

"Right," I felt my heart sinking down from my chest to my stomach, and ended the conversation, busying myself with grilling. Tom stood beside me for a moment before he turned to go.

"Let's talk about this later, okay?"

I nodded without looking up, and waited for the kitchen door to swing shut before letting out a deep breath. 

-

"Oh, no, no, no, let's go back to when you were sleeping with Tord!" Tom yelled, his face inches from mine. His usual solemn, calm, eyes burned with an intense, white-hot, fury.

"Tom, I'm sorry," My tone ached with desperation, "I swear, I never did anything with him!"

"Then what are you sorry for?" He hissed, the repulse in his voice manifest.

My eyes were heavy, beginning to leak at the seams, but I held them back.

I cried, "I let you on- I made you jealous! I'm sorry, I'm so, so, sorry."

I could tell his eyes were softening, but I wasn't finished. Not yet.

"Goddammit, Tom," My voice naturally lowered, bringing down my tone to a mumble, "When will you stop blaming me for your actions?"

We locked eyes, and as my words reconciled in his mind, tears spilled from my own, running down my cheeks, chin, and onto the floor. In an instant, I could feel the pain radiating off of him, and me, and the old house we stood in.

"Excuse me," My words came out as barely a whisper as I brushed past him, the wooden floor creaking underneath my feet.