Revenge

Aeria's POV

There was, in fact, another reason why I chose to enter the Tournament. I sought revenge of my own. Revenge against Desdemona, leader of the Legions of Tartarus. She was the reason I couldn't return. She was the reason for my exile.

But I would have my revenge soon. As long as I defeat her in a battle, I would be able to return, I would be the Champion of Arvino. This was one battle I had to win.

"On the Green Platform, we have Desdemona Hellfire, the unbeatable Trainer. And on Red Platform, a fan favourite for the Champion, Aeria Ventus! " I took a deep breath and walked out onto the battlefield. I glared at her. She smirked back.

"Green Platform has the honour of calling first! "

"Aegislash, dominate the field! " So she was going with most trusted first. Well, I'm not going to do the same.

"Reshiram, show your power!" My only Pokemon with a type advantage and no disadvantage, unfortunately.

"Yet again, a surprise from Aeria! All this time, she has come into possession of the legendary Pokemon Reshiram! "

"Aegislash, Dragon Pulse! " Desdemona yelled.

"Dodge it, then before it can react, Fusion Flare! " Reshiram did as I instructed, dodging the attack, then before Aegislash could stop the attack, blasted him with a Fusion Flare.

Aegislash was blasted out of the air and skidded to a stop. It had fainted, probably before it had contacted the ground.

"Aegislash is unable to battle! Green Platform please send out your next Pokemon! "

"Hydreigon, don't fail me! "

"Reshiram, Draco Meteor! " She complied, launching the ball of orange energy. Surprisingly, Hydreigon was still standing.

"Endeavor! " Now Reshiram's health was as low as Hydreigon's. I looked closer and saw that Hydreigon was wearing a Focus Sash. "Now, Tri Attack! "

Reshiram collapsed, being too tired to dodge. "Reshiram is unable to battle! Red Platform please send out your next Pokemon! "

"Dragalge, aid me! Dragon Rage! " She knocked out Hydreigon in one move, taking no damage.

"Hydreigon is unable to battle! Green Platform please send out your last Pokemon! "

"Gardevoir, your turn to shine! " Desdemona called out her strongest Pokemon. "Combine Moonblast and Psybeam! "

"Dodge it! " But Dragalge didn't move. I saw a pink outline around her. So Desdemona mentally told her Gardevoir to use Psychic to hold Dragalge in place before using the combination.

Dragalge tried to get up, but collapsed again. "Dragalge is unable to battle! Red Platform please send out your last Pokemon! "

"Drakeon, I know you're at a disadvantage, but I know you can do this. It's all yours! " Drakeon, evolved from my Eevee, my first Pokemon, my most faithful companion.

"Fighting at a disadvantage, I see. Very well. Keystone respond to my heart, Mega Evolve! " Gardevoir Mega Evolved.

"Alright, let's show them our bond. Link our minds, merge our hearts, Synchronize! " Our bond phenomenon, in other words. "Flash Cannon and Dark Pulse! "

Black and white beams swirled and circled around each other, heading straight for Gardevoir.

She set up a Protect around herself, but to the surprise of everyone, the beams shattered the barrier and hit their mark.

Gardevoir lay motionless on the ground. Desdemona snarled. "You may have won this battle. But you haven't won the war! "

Overhead, hovercrafts designed for war flew into view. "Rayquaza, send the signal. " I sent out Rayquaza and he shot into the clouds. Moments later, lightning flashed.

The clouds split, but instead of the sky, there was a starry black expanse. And out of it, came all the Legendary Pokemon.

The crowds started trying to flee, but were held in place by Psychic. So they could only watch as the Legendaries faced off against the mass of technology.