Final Battle

"Darkrai, Dark Void! " Desdemona called out her secret weapon.

"Since when did you get a Darkrai? " More importantly, why didn't she send out Darkrai earlier when she battled me?

"Quite a while ago. "She answered casually. "But I decided to keep her a secret. " She turned back to the battlefield.

Knowing that I wouldn't be able to get any more answers out of her, I shrugged and turned back to the battle at hand. I saw the different bosses and marked down their strengths. Giovanni had good aim, so he was a major threat. Maxie struck hard, but could be taken down from afar. Archie had a strong defense, but could be taken down by a stronger attack. Ghetsis was good at taunting people, and Lysandre was like Maxie.

Desdemona, I called through our sibling bond, hoping that it still worked after all the years I blocked her out.

Yes? Thank Arceus it still worked.

I need you to take down Archie and Ghetsis. Penetrate Archie's defense with a strong attack, and block out Ghetsis's taunts. I told her, then broke off just in time to see a bullet flying at me. I threw up an Aura barrier, blocking it. I looked to see Giovanni glaring at me. He started firing a volley of shots which I dodged. I cast an illusion into his mind, making him think that I was in front of him, then sprinted around, cutting down soldiers along the way, and plunged my blade into his back. I then moved on to Maxie.

People think that I kill in cold blood, but in truth, I only kill to save others from being killed. Seven years of surviving the battlefield has made me into a soldier, one who wouldn't be burdened by the guilt of taking another's life.

I shot a arrow at Maxie, hitting him dead in the chest, then another at Lysandre, piercing him through the back.

So that was it.

The battle was finally over.

Or so everyone thought.

A knife came flying and embedded itself in my shoulder. Gritting my teeth to keep from screaming, I yanked the knife out. I looked around for the thrower, and saw Dawn, arm poised to throw another. My heart nearly stopped when I saw that she was aiming at Paul. I threw the knife back at her, hitting her dead in the chest.

I've known this for a while now, and I'm not afraid to admit it. I have a crush on Paul, and he knows. I still remember that day in Sinnoh, when we were going to leave, and I had gone to say goodbye to him. I promised him and myself that someday we would get together. And some little traitor wasn't going to get in the way of that.

This wasn't an appropriate time, but Paul insisted. Our lips met. Almost the whole battlefield turned to stare. The traitors glared. Guess they knew that Dawn had forced Paul into a relationship.

I lightly punched him afterwards. "Don't scare me like that again. " Around us, it was as though a movie had been unpaused( A/N Is that even a word? ). The battle started again, full force.

Ash, Paul and I were forced into a circle, back to back, facing the traitors. It was almost a hopeless situation. But I knew a way to turn it around. I still remember when Ash once asked me what my pendant was. I told him that they were just shaped like Pokeballs. In reality, they were Beast Balls. I pulled them off my necklace. "Kartana, Pheromosa, Necrozma, aid us! " The three of them charged into the battlefield, with Pheromosa staying with us to help.

We broke the circle, and spread out. At long last, we disarmed them.

The battle had officially ended.

The world would finally be free of the horror of the criminal syndicates.

Arceus bowed his head to us briefly before letting out a cry that all Pokemon around the world heard. From this day on, they would never need to fear humans ever again.

The Legendaries took to the skies, crying out in farewell. Rayquaza, Latios and Latias returned to my side.

I was free at last. Free of my burdens, buried feelings, my need for revenge. Or so I thought.

A/N : Hello everyone. I am once again sorry for the late update. I seemed to have hit writer's block again, but here it is. And please comment or pm me your answers to the questions in the previous chapter.