War Isn't Over

"Platoon Commanders, fire at will. " Desdemona spoke into a wrist comm. Ash by this time had come down beside me. The warships had formed a circle around the Arena, preventing escape. The crowd had been released from Psychic, and had gathered behind me. Only one group remained where they were. The Traitors.

"This is the only chance I'm giving you! Decide where you stand! " I yelled up at them. Dawn, I noticed, was clinging to Paul's arm, apparently trying to restrain him. He flipped her and ran. He was almost there when a Fire Blast hit him. Dawn was commanding her Typhlosion to attack. Iris came over as well. The rest all removed some kind of cloak or jacket to reveal the uniform of Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Galactic, Plasma and Flare.

"We were never your friends, Ash, we were just helping our bosses. But you had to get in the way. Now, we can finally do something for them. " So be it.

"Latias, get Paul. Latios, battle Typhlosion! " Latias gently carried him over, while Latios defeated Typhlosion with a combination of Luster Purge and Water Pulse. "Ash, cover us for a while, could you. "

He nodded and pulled out all his Pokeballs, sending out all twelve of his Pokemon at once, who immediately started charging their strongest attacks. Overhead, the Legendaries did the same. All except Mew, Zekrom, and Kyurem. They flew down and landed by me. Mew helped me to heal Paul, then went back to help the other Legends. Zekrom and Kyurem, however, leaned down and nudged one of my Pokeballs. "Your sister is fine, she just needs rest. " Assured of Reshiram's safety, they joined the battle.

The warships had deployed troops who started shooting or charging with blades drawn. I sent out my other Pokemon and gave them instructions through Aura. When they had all expressed assent, I left them to carry out the plan. Dracominium stayed behind to guard Paul, who was still unconscious, and the rest moved out. I conjured a bow and arrow out of Aura, and started shooting. I've been shooting since I was three, so I'm pretty good at it. Can't say my aim is perfect, though. I took down most of the grunts with rifles (with a little help from Serperior), then let the bow fade. I threw off my cloak, revealing the two longswords I carried. I drew both at the same time, then ran towards Desdemona. Our swords clashed, and we started dueling. Everyone stopped to watch us, our blades flashing, moving faster than any ordinary human could have moved. All waited with bated breath, watching, afraid that they would miss the fatal blow.

I was tiring, even with all these years of training, I couldn't match her in physical combat. But I wouldn't back out of the fight. I couldn't. Not when she was the one who killed my parents. This was my revenge. "Can't keep up, sister? " Great, now she taunts me to try and make me back down.

"I am not your sister! You were no longer my sister from the moment you killed my parents! " In anger, I unleashed an Aura pulse, killing every enemy soldier withing range. I renewed my attack, fueled by adrenaline. Everyone was staring, shocked at this revelation.

"I was the one who sent them to Ash to be his 'friends'. I was the one who initiated the betrayal. I convinced your Pokemon to leave. Face it, you can't defeat me. " Still parrying my rapid blows, she still continued to reveal all that she has done.

Now even I was shocked. So she was the reason behind all this. She was the reason that everyone turned their backs on Ash. "This is your last betrayal, Desdemona! " I leapt at her, faster than even I thought possible. I landed, pinning her to the ground with one knee, one sword against her throat and another at her wrist. "It's over now, Desdemona. You can't win."

"You know how to end my reign. The Old Tradition. If you're fixed on revenge, then kill me. " I realised what she meant. I saw the meaning behind those words. She had killed them, not of her own will, but under the control of a Malamar. The one controlling the Pokemon died in that battle, but she had to continue in order to keep up the act. I couldn't kill her, not after this.

"No. " I got up and sheathed my swords. "No. I won't. I know what happened now. " I held out my hand to her. She got up, and did something I didn't expect. She hugged me.

"I'm sorry for what I did, Aeria. Can we start over? " She finally released me. I smiled at her.

"Of course. "

She smiled back, then turned to the crowd around us. "Hail, the new Champion of Arvino! "

This really shocked me beyond words. She willingly gave the title to me. Something I never thought Arvinoans were capable of. The power struggles were always vicious, and often led to all out war.

"All of you, now! " My Pokemon leapt out of their hiding spots and charged their attacks.

In the air, on the ground, the Legendaries charged their attacks as well.

All Pokemon unleashed their attacks at once, coloured beams, spheres, shards and many more all heading towards the enemy...

A/N : Very sorry for not updating for a week. I had a small case of Writer's Block with this chapter. So I'm back now, and the story will end in about five more chapters. Anyway, I have two questions for all of you.

1. Should I draw Aeria and Desdemona?

2. Should I write a sequel?

Please comment, thank you!