Chapter 2

It had been terrible. All of it. When you claimed to be Steve Rogers' daughter, they laughed in your face and asked you, no, told you to leave the building immediately. When you persisted, Director Restarick asked you to provide her with evidence, of which you didn't have any, except for a few family pictures wherein you were nothing but a child; a few documents which could be declared fraudulent if need be.

There was no way you could prove that you carried Steve Rogers' blood. Blood.... that's when it hit you. You did carry Steve Rogers' blood and the super soldier serum which you inherited from him would serve as empirical evidence of it.

After a humiliating series of background checks, blood tests and facial recognition, the SHIELD board of directors finally settled down to listen to what you had to say. Albeit for a short time, growing up in close vicinity of Natasha Romanoff had taught you one thing - you couldn't just profess anything without proof.

Hence you had recorded the malicious conversation you had over heard. The men had been identified to have been worked with Hydra during its supreme days and their plans dared to threaten the peace the world had just been granted.

You volunteerd to help sort the matter and SHIELD offered full support - be it providing you with information or technology. There was no turning back now. This was happening.

-

Stark tower had been like home to your parents and yet as you stood in its lobby, you felt nothing more than an outsider. Even Tony Stark, you didn't know him any better than what a commoner did.

"This way, Miss Rogers." It was a moment before you realised the meek little man was talking to you. You recognised him from the news - Peter Parker; heir to Stark industries. Short of legally adopting him, the billionaire had done everything for Peter that a father would. "(L/N)." You corrected him. "Excuse me?" He turned back to face you. It wasn't a conversation you wanted to have. "It's (Y/N) (L/N)." You walked away in the direction he had already pointed out.

Tony Stark had never married. Not for the reason one would expect, no. The most widely accepted theory was that he was smitten with some girl back in the day who mysteriously disappeared. He spent his entire life looking for her. Needless to say, he never did.

"Mr. Stark created her. Isn't she a beaut?" Peter was mesmerised by the piece of machinery, but then again, he looked at anything Tony had made or designed like it was bestowed upon him from heaven. The time machine's make really was fascinating. It was in the formation of a circle, the lower half was metal and the upper half sustained itself with some kind of energy waves.

"I'm sorry, can we speed this along? Do you have all the information you need?" In truth, you were getting impatient. "Yes. Yes, absolutely." Peter seemed to have caught on, "You need to go back about thirty six years back in time. I know it's none of my business, but what exactly is of such importance that SHIELD arranged for time travel? They sounded pretty distressed."

"Hydra can't take extinction, so they came up with the idea to go into the past and murder my da-" You stopped abruptly. Although Steve Rogers was your father, this wasn't the term you had used to address him in a long time. "Captain America, consequensing which, their kryptonite Natalie would never be born. Two birds with one stone."

Peter took a moment to blink. You had just described a malignant and strategized plan of not only murder but one which also disturbed the very concept of time like any other run of the mill job you were used to. 'Anyway', He thought. His mind needed to be solely focused on the data he was feeding the machine so you would end up where you intended to, and not in the midst of the Jurassic Period.

Without any notice whatsoever, the giant part matter ring roared to life, the inside of which resembled a tornado, sucking everything within. As you were about to step foot in it, your stomach churned. "Best of luck." Peter assured, "And whatever you do, do not do anything that upsets the fabric of time."

You almost stepped out of the machine, meaning to ask him what he meant but the whirlpool drew you back in.

Even as Peter said the words, he knew they were futile. To put it into simpler terms, Peter Parker was certain he had already recognised the (Y/H/C) woman he had just met.