Mar'i Grayson

Summary: Set three years after Teen Titans: The Judas Contract.

It was well past midnight when Dick entered the apartment after doing his nightly patrol of the city. The place was pitch black and he assumed Kori must have gone to bed and he didn't blame her. Their daughter hadn't been sleeping well for a couple of days and Kori being who she was couldn't bear to be away from her child when she was having a bad time. He had offered to skip his patrol and stay for the night but Kori insisted everything would be alright. She would call him if she needed any assistance and grudgingly agreed. Still, he made sure not to stay out longer than necessary.

As he made his way to their bedroom, he was surprised to hear quiet whispers. So much for Kori being asleep. Being his usual quiet self, he opened the door to their bedroom open and saw Kori settled against the pillows with their daughter in her arms, who seemed to be more awake than her mother. "You'll have to sleep through the night at some point, little one," Kori murmured softly as her daughter played with her fingers, seemly entertained.

Dick smiled as he watched his two favorite girls. Kori softly speaking to their daughter, a smile playing on her lips as a pair of emerald eyes so similar to her own looked up at her. Mar'i simply being too happy to be in her mother's arms. That was a scene he would never get tired of seeing.

"I would have imagined you two would be asleep by now," Dick said from his place by the doorway before making his way to sit by Kori's side. "Especially this little lady," he said, gently tickling Mar'i stomach before placing a kiss on Kori's cheek.

Having been too focused on her daughter, Kori had failed to notice Dick until he spoke, startling her for a moment. "She was waiting for her father," she said giving him a bright smile after he kissed her cheek. "She missed you. We both did."

"So it seems.. and I missed both of you as well," Dick returned the smiled, taking Mar'i from Kori's arms. "You should rest. I can manage," he said before turning his attention to his daughter who was delighted to be in her father's arms.

Kori, too tired to say anything, simply nodded as a smile played on her lips as she watched Dick with their daughter. Out of the two of them, Dick was the one who had more experience with children, after all, he had three younger brothers. She only had one but she had not been there for him as he grew up thanks to their older sister.

Resting her head on Dick's shoulder, Kori closed her eyes as he softly spoke to Mar'i, receiving only happy noises from her in return. She had no idea what her father was saying to her but Mar'i seemed to enjoy the sound of his voice and Kori couldn't blame her. She loved the sound of his voice too.

Sighing softly, she listened to Dick's softly spoken words knowing he was being quiet for her sake.

"Your mother is tired, Mar'i," he whispered to his daughter, noticing how Kori was so close to falling asleep. "We should be quiet," he smiled down at Mar'i who smiled in returned, her little arms flailing upwards. Dick chuckled, lifting his daughter to place a kiss on her cheek before moving so she was resting comfortably against his chest.

Mar'i let out a tired yawn, her eyes fluttering close as she snuggled against her father just as her mother would do. Mar'i was so much like her mother and not only in her looks. There were many things that Mar'i did that would remind him of Kori and he was sure that there were many things his daughter did that reminded Kori of him.

"Goodnight, little star," Dick smiled, tucking a stray curl of black hair behind his daughter's ear.

⊰ ❉ ⊱

The sun was already shining bright in the sky when Kori woke up feeling better than she had in a couple of days. Keeping her eyes closed, she nestled closer to Dick, her arm possessively holding him close. She didn't want to get up, at least not for a little while longer.

Sighing, she opened her eyes yet she didn't move from her place. She was too comfortable to do that.

"Good morning, sunshine," she heard Dick whispered causing her to look up at him, smiling brightly as she did so. "Sleep well?"

"Yes, all thanks to you," Kori replied before sitting up, pushing her hair out of her face as she did so. "How did you get her to sleep through the night?"

Dick smiled as he watched his girlfriend, making no move to get up. "It's a secret."

Laughing, Kori looked at him for a moment before smacking his shoulder lightly. "I would like to know this secret of yours."

"Only if you say please."

Kori rolled her eyes. "Please."

"Well, since you asked nicely," he laughed, sitting up next to her. "I guess you were right. She missed her father," he answered her previous question. "Also, she is too much like her mother..."

"And what is that supposed to mean?"

"That it's easy for her to fall asleep in my arms," he kissed her cheek. "Just like it is for you."

Kori giggled, pushing him softly. "Well, you are quite comfortable," she admitted, pretending to be deep in thought. "Much better than a pillow."

"Glad I can be of service, my lady," he said, wrapping both arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder. "You know; we should enjoy this moment of peace."

Kori raised an eyebrow at his words. "Yeah? And what do you propose we do?"

"I got a few ideas."

"I'm sure you do."

  ⊰ ❉ ⊱  

Authors note: Hi there! Thanks for reading this chapter. I really hope you guys enjoyed it.

Don't forget to comment, vote and share if you liked it! And thanks again for reading this chapter.