Blüdhaven

Summary: Set after Justice League in the DCEU. Despite being so close to Gotham, Blüdhaven was not a city Bruce often visited but now he found in the city along with Diana. They were both following a lead when they came across someone from Bruce's past.

Diana had never been to Blüdhaven before. She never had a reason to visit the city in the past but now she found herself among the rooftops of the city along with Bruce, who blended into the night thanks to his suit unlike her. This had not been how she had planned to spend her evening but there were definitely worst places one could find themselves in. Looking over at her companion, Diana couldn't help but noticed the strange way Bruce was acting. something seemed to be bothering from the moment Victor had first mentioned the city earlier that day. Knowing Bruce, Diana knew he wouldn't talk. At least not yet.

As her eyes scanned the streets below them and part of her thoughts were still occupied by Bruce's behavior, Diana almost failed to notice when someone else joined them on the rooftop. It wasn't until she heard someone who was not Bruce that she turned her attention to the newcomer.

"I didn't know you were coming to visit," the stranger said, his words clearly directed to Bruce, making Diana realize that they already knew each other.

Bruce was silent for a moment before answering. "Never been one for calling ahead."

"I know," the younger man said, crossing his arms over his chest, drawing Diana's attention to the bluebird insignia on his chest; which looked familiar for some reason. "What I didn't know was that you had a new partner," he added, and though she couldn't see his eyes behind the domino mask, Diana knew the young man was looking at her.

"Things change," Bruce answered simply.

The young man nodded. "They do indeed..."

Frowning softly, Diana's went from Bruce to the younger man and back. She was going to have to ask Bruce to explained what was going on.

Glancing at Diana for a moment, Bruce noticed the look on her face. He knew he had some explaining to do once they got back to Gotham.

"So... you want to tell me why you decided to come pay me a visit?" the young man asked, a small smile playing on his lips as he spoke.

"It's not a social call if that's what you're wondering," Bruce answered.

The young man shrugged. "It's never that easy with you," he said. "So, what is it?"

Before Bruce could reply, Diana answered. "Deathstroke. We know he came here after a meeting he had with a... common acquaintance," she added the last part not entirely sure as to how she should describe Lex.

At the mention of Deathstroke, the young man's demeanor instantly changed. "We crossed paths a while ago," he explained, fists clenching at the memory. "It's been a few weeks. Two or three perhaps. I don't remember the exact date," he said with a frown. "This meeting must have been with someone important if you came all the way here looking for him," he continued, adding that last part for Bruce. "You haven't bothered to keep tabs on him before..." 

Repeating his words from earlier, Bruce simply stated. "Things change."

Not surprised by the response he got, the young man simply shrugged. "I'll let you know if I hear something," he said before he moved closer to the edge of the roof. "Though I'm sure it won't take him long to realize you're onto him," he added just before he leaped from the building.

After a moment of silence between the two, Diana turned to look at Bruce. "Are you going to tell me who that was?"

"Nightwing," was all Bruce said and though Diana wasn't sure where she knew she had heard that name before.