Timeless Love - Winter's ball

Timeless Love — Winter'sball

Summary: AU. Set During the early 1800s. Richard Grayson is the eldest child of Bruce Wayne, a wealthy American man. Kori Anders is the middle child of the Anders family. Their paths cross during a winter ball.

Kori was standing next to her younger brother Ryan, who would really rather be anywhere else. She, unlike her brother, had been looking forward to the ball even if she was keeping to herself. She always enjoyed how lively balls could be especially during the winter season.

As she looked around the room she spotted her older sister who was entertaining a couple of young men, dazzling them with her perfect smile. Kori smiled at the sight. Her sister loved getting the attention and it seemed that men had no trouble giving her what she wanted.

Following her sister's gaze, Ryan chuckled. "Do you think she will finally agree to marry one of them or will she simply keep stringing them along?"

Kori couldn't help the smile that came to her lips at her brother's words. "You should not say that... but I do hope she finds someone who makes her happy."

"We both know that mother has been trying to get her to finally choose someone and once she does, her attention will turn to you, dear sister," he said, grabbing two glasses of champagne from a passing waiter. "Perhaps you should start looking for your own beau," he handed her one of the glasses as he spoke.

"Oh, don't be absurd, Ryan," she accepted the glass, a soft blush covered her cheeks knowing that his brother's words were true.

Ryan shrugged before taking a sip from his glass. "Well, I shall leave you now, sweet sister. I have to mingle otherwise I will never hear the end of it from our mother," he chuckled, causing Kori to smile. "And perhaps your admirer will finally stop looking at you and come talk to you."

"What?" Kori was confused. She hadn't been aware that she had an admirer.

"Blue eyes over there," her brother replied, discreetly pointing to a dashing young man just a couple of feet from them. "He's been looking at you since you arrived."

Not being as discreet as her younger brother, Kori turned to look at the young man in question only to find him looking at her. Both of them quickly averting their gaze elsewhere once they noticed the other was looking.

Ryan smiled as he saw his sister's cheeks darken. She was smitten and all it took was one look. "I shall take my leave now."

Kori sighed as she watched her brother go, passing the young man as he went and she quickly averted her gaze deciding to get some fresh air in hopes to clear her head, leaving her glass of champagne behind. Stepping into an empty balcony, Kori leaned against the railing as she watched the night sky. Ever since she was a little girl the night sky had intrigued her. It was such a vast and beautiful place.

Enthralled by the beautiful sight before her, she failed to notice that someone had come to stand next to her until he spoke, startling her for a moment. "Beautiful night, is it not?"

Turning to look at the stranger standing beside her, she realized it was the young man her brother had pointed out earlier and blushed softly, glad for the cover the night provided. "Yes. It is a beautiful night," she said, smiling politely as she spoke.

He looked at the sky one last time before turning his attention to her. "I don't believe we have been introduced before," he said, a charming smile on his lips. "Richard Grayson."

"Kori Anders," she answered as he took her hand in his, placing a kiss on the back of it, making her blush deepen.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Anders."