Late Night Embrace

Summary: After a long day at work and rough night out on patrol, there is nothing like coming back home to the girl he loved the most.

Dick Grayson had a very busy life. With his job as a police officer, he got to help the people in Blüdhaven and he was also helping clean out the police department of corruption. It was a slow process but things were going well so he really couldn't complain. At night he went out on patrol almost every single night as Nightwing and since he arrived in the city, the place had been getting better. Blüdhaven still wasn't a paradise but compared to how it had been years ago, the place was much better.

Arriving back to his apartment in the early hours of the morning, Dick had no trouble getting in or out of the building without being noticed. A perk from living on the last floor of the building as well as many years of practice.

Making his way to his bedroom, he removed his mask before running a hand through his hair which was covered in dirt just like the rest of him. No matter how tired he was at the moment, he would need to shower before going to bed.

With a soft sigh, he dropped the mask on the bedside table before his attention was drawn to the sleeping figure on his bed. Pushing aside the fiery red hair that was covering her face, Dick smiled. She was holding his pillow close to her chest as if it was him whom she was holding in her arms. Wanting for that to be the case, Dick moved quickly to get in the shower so he could join her in bed and hopefully he would be able to sleep as soundly as she was.

It didn't take Dick long to be back in the room after his shower, where he found Kori just as he had left her, still holding his pillow tightly in her arms making him smile at the sight. As he removed his pillow from Kori's grasp, she sighed before her eyes fluttered open. Her bright emerald eyes meeting his sapphire ones.

"Dick..." she murmured softly, a soft smile illuminating her face as she slowly moved to sit up. "You're back..." she said, her eyes looking at him up and down in search for any injuries he might have gotten while out on patrol.

Knowing what his girlfriend was doing, Dick smiled as he sat next to her, taking both of her hands in his before kissing her cheek. "I'm fine. Tired but fine," he reassured, pushing her down so she was laying back down on the bed. "No need to worry about me," he added before laying down next to her.

Kori wasted no time in wrapping her arms around him once he was lying beside her, resting her head on his chest. She always found it comforting to hear his heartbeat, especially when his patrol lasted longer than usual. If wasn't often that it happened but even when it didn't she worried about him. She always would.

"Did you get him?" She asked softly as she closed her eyes, one of her hands moving to draw random lines across his chest.

Aware that Kori was falling back asleep, Dick responses was a soft affirmation. "I got him."

"Good," she mumbled tiredly, her breathing becoming softer as sleep was once again taking over her and he couldn't blame her. He might be spending his days as officer Grayson and many of his nights patrolling the city as Nightwing but that still wasn't anything compared to what she was doing.

Placing a hand on Kori's ever-growing baby bump, Dick smiled brightly. A part of him still wondered if everything was just a dream. "And how did our little one behave today?"

"She's going to be an acrobat," Kori answered and even though he could not see it, he was certain she was smiling, he could hear the amusement in her voice as she spoke. "Just like her father."

Chuckling softly, Dick moved his hand to play with Kori's hair not wanting to disturb Kori or their little acrobat. Knowing that if she started kicking, Kori wouldn't be able to get any rest.

"Goodnight Kori," Dick whispered, holding his girlfriend and mother of his child securely in his arms.

    ⊰❉⊱

Author's note: Thank you so much for reading this chapter, I really hope you guys enjoyed it. And if you guys have any suggestions for future chapters, do let me know.

If you liked it, don't forget to favorite, comment & share.