CH 2: Dinner With Kevin

CHAPTER TWO

~ Kiondra ~

Before I left for lunch, I got an email from Kevin telling me that my "date" with Branson was 8 pm Friday at Rizzoli's. It's a really fancy Italian restaurant with amazing shrimp scampi. He also said that Branson was aware of the agenda, but he didn't know who his date was. So I was forbidden to tell him or anyone else and just meet him there. He also said wear something sexy. This'll be fun!

I can imagine it now:

His dark brown hair lined with hints of black, his dancing brown eyes dilated in lust, his rich tenor begging to pleasure me with his massive hands. I wonder if he's massive below the waist...

Wow, I need to calm down with these perverse thoughts. He has a much distaste for me as I have for him.

But that doesn't mean I can't give him a taste of his own medicine.

Texting my bestfriend Isis, I asked her to help me get ready on Friday night and to meet me for lunch tomorrow so we can talk. I have to tell her what's going on.

She hates Branson as much as I do. Not to mention she's a diva. Standing at five feet five inches with curly burgundy hair and milk chocolate skin, she doesn't take shit from anybody. Just like me. She's a great, crazy ass friend and I'm glad to have her.

The workday went by pretty slow. All I did was edit articles and supervise interns. This job has almost as many cons as it does pros. At 4:30 sharp I clocked out and got into my silver Lexus. All of the staff park in the same place so I see all the hockey players frequently.

Putting my tote bag on the passenger's seat, I turn around to see my good friend Kevin Nolan. Out of all the Hartford Hawks players, he has to be the my favorite.

"How ya doin Kiki?" For a 6 foot blonde hair blue eyed Canadian, he sure has an urban dialect. But when he's mad (which is often because he had a bad ass temper) his French Canadian accent comes out. It's scary at times but it's never been directed towards me.

"I'm alright Kev. How's your hip? That asshole Jones should've been suspended for cross-checking you!" He wasn't able to play for two months and today was his first practice. Suddenly he steps really close to me and I smell the winter mint on his breath.

"Pretty good actually. Do you wanna have dinner at my place tonight? I haven't talked to you in a while and I miss you..." I don't really know what's he's getting at or implying, but I love spending time with him.

Grinning, I agree to dinner at 8 at his condo and he wants me to dress up. No problem! I love to wear cocktail and evening dresses anyway. I have the perfect dress in mind, maybe.

I hug Kevin and walk around to the driver's side of my car only to see Branson staring at me with disgust. I wish he'd choke on his cockiness or it was legal to run someone over. Either would be great.

Flipping him the bird and smacking my ass, I pull out and purposely drive close enough to him to scare his punk ass.

"Stupid bitch!" He yells. Is that the best he's got? Insulting him makes my insides warm and fuzzy.

"Cocksucking pussy bitch!!" I yell back. The look on his face was priceless. Sometimes you've gotta curse like a sailor to get your point across. Glancing in my rear view mirror, I see him muttering to himself and looking all kinds of stupid. Hope he has a good couple of nights because Friday, I'm running the show.

============================

~ Branson ~

That stupid bitch! She not only insulted me but made me think she was going to run me over!

I don't even know why she was talking to Kevin. Why is he even friends with her? She's so nice to everyone else but me. Oh well, I'm better than them anyway.

Getting into my red Ferrari I think of a plan to get back at her. I'll make her think that I want her and she'll start liking me. Then I'll embarrass her in front of the whole company then she'll have no other choice but to quit!

Branson Miller always gets his way...

===========================

~ Kiondra ~

Getting home around 5, I immediately call Isis.

"Hello?" She's practically yelling into the phone.

"Hey girl can you come over for a couple hours and work your magic on me? Kevin asked me to come to dinner with him!" Here comes the screaming 5,4,3,2...

"AHHHHHHH!!! Girl yes! You know his ass is fine! I'll be there in 15. Love you!" She's so crazy.

"Love you too!"

While I wait for her to come I look in my closet for something to wear.

Since I'm dressing up, jeans are out of the question. Sweater and a skirt? Nope, too Sunday school-ish and it's spring. Going into the back of my walk-in closet, I only see cocktail party dresses. I'm not dancing on a bunch of black men like I usually do on the weekends. Plus it's a Wednesday.

Hearing the front door open, I go out to see Isis. She's wearing leggings and an oversize v-neck hot pink shirt. She has two bags in her hand.

"I'm so glad Kevin asked you! I have the perfect dress." She pulls out a bronze wrap dress and black high heels. The outfit is gorgeous!

"I love it!!!" I know it'll look amazing on me. It'll hug my curves but still hide some of my extra stomach pudge and thighs. But I'm not fat. At least I don't think a size 12 is fat. And every woman is beautiful!

Isis plugs in the flat iron and tells me to "Get my ass in the shower!" I've gotta shave anyway so I get in. When I get out I see Isis sitting with my cat Tank.

She jumps up and pushes me into the bedroom.

"Let's get started!"

For the next hour and a half Isis straightens my kinky Afro that now falls almost to my shoulders, does a brown smokey eyes, and dresses me in black lingerie and a thong.

"You have me dressed like I'm getting screwed at the end of the night!"

Isis grins from ear to ear. "Hell, maybe you will. Kevin is gorgeous! And he's totally into you!"

Eh, I don't think he is, but I guess we'll see. Deciding that Isis will spend the night at my place, she grabs some takeout and sits on the sofa feeding my cat. I swear he'll eat anything! I hug her goodbye and get one last "Good luck, I hope you get laid!"

That's Isis's idea of moral support.

Kev lives about 15 minutes away on the other well-to-do side of town. The side I live on isn't bad, but it's just normal middle-class people. Walking up to his nice house, I ring the door bell and there he is in all of his glory. He's wearing a burnt orange dress shirt and black slacks.

He looks delicious! But all he's doing is staring at me like he could take me on the front lawn!

Feeling suddenly shy I say "Hey. You look great!"

"You look absolutely gorgeous yourself! Come in dinner just finished cooking."

Standing in the kitchen with him, he grabs my waist and kisses me deeply.

With his eyes now a deep shade of blue he lowly whispers in my ear,

"Dinner can wait..."

*Hey guys! How do you like the story so far?

Do you think Kev and Kiondra would make a good couple?

Let me know what you think!

Thanks a much love!

•Deeja